Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Latino Gothic - the New Americana  (Read 776 times)

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
Latino Gothic - the New Americana
« on: January 30, 2023, 11:16:52 pm »

These are the hardest working people in America. I have no idea where the construction business would be without their skills.
If it Ain't Broke, Leave it Alone; if it is Broke, Fix it; if it's a Maybe, Play With it - Who Knows

francois

Re: Latino Gothic - the New Americana
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2023, 05:08:21 am »

Grest portraits. I also like the processing a lot, it reminds me of the "wild west" era photos.
Francois

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2023, 09:39:44 am »

Well done--sort of a WPA feel about it!

Chris Kern

• Chris Kern's Eponymous Website
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2023, 07:58:53 pm »

These are the hardest working people in America. I have no idea where the construction business would be without their skills.

Not just the construction business.  I don't know in which part of what your profile refers to as "Eastern USA" you live, but in our neck of the woods—a small Maryland city not far from Washington, D.C.—latinoamericanos are essential to just about every service industry.  Ask to see the kitchen of almost any sushi place or Chinese restaurant—our town has a large ethnic Asian population—and you will encounter hispanohablante cooks and often the chef de cuisine.  (Oui, probably French restaurants, too, if there are any left in Washington.)  Local businesses scarf up the recent arrivals for service jobs because of their work ethic and aptitude for learning new skills.  Of course, there are many professionals of Latin American descent here, as well, but they tend to be second- or subsequent-generation.

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2023, 08:32:57 pm »

This is the essence of what America really is, regardless of the attempts to push back on historical fact by idiots like Ron DeSantis.
If it Ain't Broke, Leave it Alone; if it is Broke, Fix it; if it's a Maybe, Play With it - Who Knows

MattBurt

• Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2023, 12:53:38 am »

We are a nation of immigrants. Nice portrait!
-MattB
Pages: [1]   Go Up