Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon 2100 warranty?  (Read 538 times)

netherscurial

Canon 2100 warranty?
« on: January 25, 2023, 10:14:54 am »

Hello all,

I got a Canon ipf2100 24" recently. Awesome printer! The 30 day mark is coming up for the last day to get the extra warranty from Canon.

Do you think it's worth getting for $699 for the extra year or extra 2 years for double?

The company I bought the printer from told me they dont break much and said almost no one uses their warranty much, and said if there are issues it usually comes up within the first year.

Thoughts?

Kevin

sunnyherman

Re: Canon 2100 warranty?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2023, 07:02:45 pm »

Late, but . . .

So I have a Pro 1000 that's @ 3 years old. Recently it would not power on. I contacted Canon tech support and they had me do a number of things to try to get the printer to power on. Ultimately it wouldn't power on and the tech said it was dead. Obviously the printer is out of warranty so the tech said my ONLY option was to purchase a new printer. She said that Canon doesn't offer ANY repair services for the Pro 1000. Now I don't know about the Pro 2100, but I would contact Canon to MAKE SURE they do offer repair services on the Pro 2100. (If my 1000 had been under warranty Canon would have shipped me a new one - that's their ONLY remedy for significant issues with this printer - no repairs whatsoever.)

It's probably true that most issues may appear in the first year, but if it fails after that you'll be on the hook for either a new printer or, if repairable a major repair cost.
Pages: [1]   Go Up