Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Photoshop CS6 and Windows 11 2022 build  (Read 1028 times)

Lewando_Images

• Lewando Images Photography
Photoshop CS6 and Windows 11 2022 build
« on: January 19, 2023, 08:09:34 pm »

I'm interested if anyone has successfully installed CS6 Photoshop on windows 11 2022 build ? I know it's old and isn't supported. I have a new computer that's running windows 11 Pro 64 bit. I do most of my postprocessing with other apps these days. But I still like printing from CS6 and really don't want to have to pay monthly for CC just to print from it. CS6 does everything I want from Photoshop just fine. If I still did all my postprocessing with Photoshop I wouldn't have a problem paying for CC.
Any help would be more then appreciated.......Thank you so much for any input on this.
Peter LeWando

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com
Re: Photoshop CS6 and Windows 11 2022 build
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2023, 04:21:27 am »

Not quite your case, but happily running PS CS4 on Win 10 here still.
Simple answer is just to try installing it and see if there are any problems.

Malcolm Payne

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2023, 05:24:47 am »

I've just done precisely that. Fresh installation of Windows 11 Pro with all updates on a newly-built PC. CS6 (the full suite) installed, activated and updated with no issues, and I haven't thus far found any problems while running it.

John Nollendorfs

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2023, 01:20:48 pm »

While I don't have any experience with Windows 11, I would suggest you consider Qimage for printing. It's very reasonably priced and does a lot nice things. A bit of a learning curve. Free Demo download and try out.

Lewando_Images

• Lewando Images Photography
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2023, 10:57:11 pm »

I've just done precisely that. Fresh installation of Windows 11 Pro with all updates on a newly-built PC. CS6 (the full suite) installed, activated and updated with no issues, and I haven't thus far found any problems while running it.

Thanks so much I appreciate your input.
Peter LeWando

Dave Gurtcheff

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2023, 02:36:40 pm »

I am very interested in this topic. I now have Windows 10 and CS6. CS6 does everything I need. I have a lifetime collection of Photoshop CDs as I upgraded time after time. But my last upgrade to CS 6 must have been via down load, so I do not have disks. Eventually I will have to upgrade to Windows 11, but how would I install CS6 without discs? If I at one time had a serial number etc, I have no clue where I would have stashed it (I am 86 years old tomorrow and do misplace things).
Thanks all, I will follow this thread!
Dave in NJ

Rhossydd

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2023, 05:30:18 pm »

I now have Windows 10 and CS6......
but how would I install CS6 without discs? If I at one time had a serial number etc, I have no clue where I would have stashed it
First call would be to Adobe to ask if they have record of your licence number and if so, can they email you the details and where you could download the installer file from. (This assumes you still have the same email address that you used to register it with)

In theory you could upgrade your W10 installation to W11 and keep the software installed, but it's not ideal and I'm not sure what the point of that would be, but that wouldn't help you if you had a new computer.

There are other solutions, but they'd be less legal, although you do have the moral high ground of having actually paid for it once.

Gurtch

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2023, 07:53:50 pm »

Thanks Rhossydd. Remembering back what I did when I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7: my PC hard drives were failing snd I needed more RAM. I had my PC repair guy replace my two internal hard drives with two SSD drives, and install Windows 10 on the new drive. I have a ton of Photoshop plug ins, actions etc, as well as a ton of graphics and photography programs and although I probably have discs somewhere, he was able to copy all my programs over to Win 10 from Win 7. I did not have to go through the nightmare of reinstalling a lifetime of accumulated paid for legitimate programs. Also upgraded RAM  from 16 to 32 mb. So when I MUST upgrade from Windows 10 to 11 I am hoping my PC guy will be able to copy all my programs from Win 10 to 11.
Thanks
Dave

Rhossydd

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2023, 04:01:55 am »

I did not have to go through the nightmare of reinstalling a lifetime of accumulated paid for legitimate programs.
Having done all the upgrades from 3.1 > 10 via clean installs I don't regard it as a 'nightmare'. Everything usually runs better with a clean install. It also forces one to re-evaluate if you actually need all the bits one accumulates over time, tries out then stops using, forgot to de-install etc.
It also makes sure you have all the install files and serial numbers you need, if you ever suffer a major problem and had to re-install from scratch and back ups to a new system.

BobShaw

• Aspiration Images
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2023, 04:37:34 pm »

I'm interested if anyone has successfully installed CS6 Photoshop on windows 11 2022 build ?
Haven't used Windows since I discovered something better but the discovery of "Select Subject" in Photoshop a few versions ago and the ability to build Actions using it saved me the cost of Photoshop for a year in one shoot. Any application, library, framework etc on a computer more than 5 years old is probably doing more harm than good. Just put CS6 on eBay is my recommendation.
Website - http://AspirationImages.com
Studio and Commercial Photography

Rhossydd

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2023, 06:17:08 pm »

Any application, library, framework etc on a computer more than 5 years old is probably doing more harm than good. Just put CS6 on eBay is my recommendation.
On the other hand, older apps can just work as you expect and don't change their defaults all the time.

My copy of CS4 works fine thanks. No defaulting to saving to the cloud and I can keep the UI in proper English, both of which seem to be too difficult for the current version of Photoshop.
Pages: [1]   Go Up