Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Going down the Piezography Rabbit Hole...  (Read 493 times)

NortheastPhotographic

• Owner of Northeast Photographic lab in Maine
    • Northeast Photographic
Going down the Piezography Rabbit Hole...
« on: January 12, 2023, 02:27:50 pm »

We have an idle Epson P6000 so I've decided to put it to good use by setting it up for Piezography Pro.  I've got the ink swapping kit here, ready to go.  Looks like they actually recommend just doing a normal ink swap and then a number of procedures to purge the old ink out, as opposed to doing a full flush. 

I had been skeptical of the technology for a long time but also very curious.  I think it could make me a bit happier with matte papers in general.  So, here we go!
Shoot film.

Georgecp

Re: Going down the Piezography Rabbit Hole...
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2023, 10:33:42 pm »

Good journey!  I have used Piezo in several versions over 12 years...some of the most satisfying B&W prints I have made are on Piezo Pro with the gloss overcoat....The inks are very sensitive - they settle and change density if not used on a somewhat regular basis and need too be shaken.  Cone's team has very good support and better tools/profiles to handle things..

Ryan Mack

• Ryan Mack on Facebook
Re: Going down the Piezography Rabbit Hole...
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2023, 12:41:59 pm »

Because they matched the pro warm/cool blacks on the channels with warm/cool colors if there's a bit of old pigment in the lines it isn't the end of the world. But if you don't flush you may find that your warm/cool tones change over time a bit. Not the end of the world, just don't be surprised by it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up