Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need Help In Filter/Holder Selections  (Read 1419 times)

Robert Spencer

Need Help In Filter/Holder Selections
« on: January 15, 2007, 12:10:57 am »

Hi, I havn`t posted in this forum previously but need advise in filter selection.
 I like nature/landscaape photography and am using a Fuji S-2 with Tokina AT-X lenses. I am interested in getting a CP , and two stop GND filters.
 I have no preferences but am on a very tight budget (as is aparent by my equipment listed).
 I do not want to buy incorrectly. I live on an island in coastal Alaska. Returns are costly and time consuming so I ask your opinion. Here are my lenses and filter sizes.
 Tokina 12-24  77mm
 Tokina 24-200 72mm
Tokina 100-300 77mm
Tokina 28-80 2.8 77mm
 The 28-80 is usually not carried into the field with me. It is reserved for portraits and band shots on occasion.
 The 12-24 is used for landscapes and I want a GND and CP for it.
The 24-200 is my basic walkaround lens. I probably need the same filters for it (w/77-72 step down adapter) Sound right?
 The 100-300 is used wwith the Kenko 1.4 TC and is primarily a bird and wildlife lens.
 Given the situation which filters/holders/adapter/ do you feel would work well for me.
 There is a great deal of difficulty here getting sky/water/trees into the same DR so I felt the GND would bring them closer to an equalized exposure. Thanks for any opinions that you may feel to be helpful. Bob
Pages: [1]   Go Up