Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Warning: Druckkopf by Canon print heads  (Read 756 times)

pcgpcg

• paulglasser
Warning: Druckkopf by Canon print heads
« on: January 06, 2023, 11:58:43 am »

After reading that others have had good luck with non-genuine PF-05 Canon print heads for the iPF 6400, I tried to save some money when my printer told me to replace the right print head. Not having a spare on hand, I purchased two "Druckkopf by Canon" PF-05 print heads from Amazon ($295 apiece), one for immediate use and the other so I'd have one on hand for the future. Each replacement head showed very faint irregularities in the lower left quadrant of the nozzle check that manifested itself as very faint banding on light grey portions of an image I was trying to print. I finally purchased a genuine print head from B&H Photo ($474) and problem is solved.

Fortunately I was able to return both defective print heads to Amazon for a full refund, but the process cost me two maintenance cartridges and I wasn't able to meet a print order by Christmas. Never again!

Lessbones

Re: Warning: Druckkopf by Canon print heads
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2023, 02:58:09 pm »

just a word of advice-- it's incredibly worth it to learn the procedure for resetting the maintenance cartridge on these printers:

1. Hold Navigate + Load on boot
2. Enter SERVICE MENU in farthest right maintenance menu
3. Press left or right to navigate thru the list until you get to INITIALIZE then press down
4. Left or right until you find W-INK
5. Press OK

This will reset the maintenance cart to 100%, and can be done 3/4 times before you fully fill the cart with ink.  I've long since removed the padding in mine, it makes it much easier to dump out when it fills, and i've been using the same single cart for many years.

Ruuduitdegraaf

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2023, 03:49:28 pm »

Thanks for sharing!

Richard.Wills

• Photofusion Photography Centre
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2023, 06:05:38 pm »

The carts are a rather small proportion of the cost, in comparison to what filled them.
Heads and inks are two things I don't third party with (except for the Piezo DN in a dedicated 7890 - I've run one head clean in five years!-)

Lessbones

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2023, 06:55:26 pm »

not a small portion of the cost if a full maint cart stops you from being able to finish a job on time....

One thing I forgot to mention-- make sure you do the reset before it reaches 0%, otherwise you WILL have to get a replacement.  I've gotten screwed by not paying close enough attention on the PRO 4000/6000 series, which doesn't show the percentage on the main info screen.

pcgpcg

• paulglasser
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2023, 01:06:33 pm »

just a word of advice-- it's incredibly worth it to learn the procedure for resetting the maintenance cartridge on these printers:

1. Hold Navigate + Load on boot
2. Enter SERVICE MENU in farthest right maintenance menu
3. Press left or right to navigate thru the list until you get to INITIALIZE then press down
4. Left or right until you find W-INK
5. Press OK

This will reset the maintenance cart to 100%, and can be done 3/4 times before you fully fill the cart with ink.  I've long since removed the padding in mine, it makes it much easier to dump out when it fills, and i've been using the same single cart for many years.
Thank you!
Pages: [1]   Go Up