Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP Advanced Profiling Solution  (Read 1199 times)

BelizeJerry

HP Advanced Profiling Solution
« on: December 26, 2022, 08:12:05 pm »

Restarting after a long 2+ year Covid break. I have upgraded from an HP Z3100ps to a Z3200ps Now using Windows 10. I tried to install the HP Advanced Profiling Solution off the original CD. Looks like this is no longer functional or supported???
I'm not finding much info on it. Anyone know what happened? Is there something similar currently available that won't break the bank?
Thanks                                                                                                                                                             

kers

• Pieter Kers
Re: HP Advanced Profiling Solution
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2022, 03:53:05 am »

The HP advanced ... solution was badly supported on MAc. i Have to go to system 10.6 (released in 2009?)  to get it running- probably the same on Windows.
I have an equally old computer to run it.
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

Alistair

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2023, 04:43:27 am »

I know this is an old thread and the issue probably solved. But have you downloaded the latest HP DesignJet and PageWide XL Windows Printer Driver package which also contains Designjet Utility which in turn has a very nice colour centre app and makes very nice profiles using the built in spectro (at least on my old 60" 6200 it does!).
Alistair

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2023, 06:06:36 am »

You can make profiles with about 400 patches with every Z designjet. If you want more patches than you needed the HP APSsoftware.
Still the basic profiles are good, nonetheless.  HP started with this in 2007 !
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

Alistair

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2023, 06:43:27 pm »

Thanks very much @Kers. I was unaware of the HP APSoftware. It seems to have disappeared from their offering. Yes, the standard on-board profiling always seemed to work quite well.
Alistair

neil snape

• http://www.neilsnape.com
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2023, 02:02:19 am »

Yeah this was a pain app on Mac, it always worked better in Windows.   If I remember right, it needs HP branded Gretag i1 colorimeter plugged in?
I think I saved an HP Dream Color i1  in a drawer if anyone needs one.
Pages: [1]   Go Up