Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: new Epson SC-P900-colors inaccurate  (Read 1095 times)

Eric Brody

• http://www.ericbrodyphoto.com
new Epson SC-P900-colors inaccurate
« on: December 24, 2022, 05:27:35 pm »

The colors from my new Epson SC P900 are inaccurate, basically it appears to print too red.

A few weeks ago, I purchased a new Epson SC P900 to have the ability to switch between matte and luster papers without an ink change.

I used an Epson 3880 for over ten years and was happy with the results in both color and black and white. I am an experienced photographer and printer for the last 40 years, darkroom and digital. I currently photograph with a Sony A7RIV and good lenses.

I went through the usual setup procedures, downloaded the appropriate icc profiles and proceeded to do some tests.

I am using a 2020 iMac with i9, 64GB RAM, and a 4TB SSD. The operating system is IOS 12.6.1. My Lightroom Classic and Photoshop are current versions. I profile my 27" NEC monitor with Spectraview II on a regular basis.

I have run a number of nozzle checks and all have been good.

I did the “Epson enema,” removed the drivers and re-installed.

I have tested it with Epson papers, both matte and glossy and with Canson Infinity papers, both matte and glossy and the results do not change.

I have printed both from Photoshop and Lightroom with no change. I have used Pro Photo RGB and Adobe RGB without change.

Any suggestions you might give would be greatly appreciated.

Eric

eddiehop

Re: new Epson SC-P900-colors inaccurate
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2022, 09:14:24 pm »

You say

"I did the “Epson enema,” removed the drivers and re-installed."

Is the Epson enema just the removing of the drivers and re-installing of them? Or is there something more involved?

I have just gotten the Epson SC-P900 and have not set it up yet.

thanks

ed

Eric Brody

• http://www.ericbrodyphoto.com
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2023, 04:47:20 pm »

For anyone interested in the rest of the saga, it ends happily, I refer you to the Epson Printers forum on PhotoPXL.com.

Randy Carone

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2023, 06:20:27 pm »

What was the problem and solution?
Randy Carone

langier

• Celebrating Rural America, the Balkans and beyond
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2023, 11:25:18 pm »

No issues with color on my P900 printer. However for me it was the paper feed that was the problem and a jammed from the beginning front input tray along with scratching of Exhibition Fiber Paper.

After trying the workarounds Epson simply send a refurb to replace my printer and it's been running well and printing fine ever since. Eventually, I'll probably do a custom profile for a few of my papers but the canned profiles seem to be quite adequate.

I've run hundreds of sheets between the two printer, some on coated, others on mat and the print quality is very nice, requiring few nozzle cleanings even after letting it sit unused for weeks.
Larry Angier
ASMP, ACT, & many more! @sacred_icons
https://angier-fox.photoshelter.com

aaron125

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2023, 05:30:52 am »

What was the problem and solution?
Eric, we’d all like to know, so if you’d kindly reply or at least link the specific thread you mentioned on PhotoPXL.com please, I’m sure there’s a few here who’d appreciate that. Glad you got it sorted though.

eddiehop

Pages: [1]   Go Up