Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3200 head cleaning results  (Read 598 times)

Z3200 head cleaning results
« on: December 21, 2022, 08:47:36 pm »

It had been a while since I printed in any volume but last weekend I planned to do a run of some limited edition S/N stuff. But unfortunately the printer had major quality issues right off the bat and I postponed until I could resolve these. Did all the usual things like clean heads in the printer, take out and shake them, wet paper towel/distilled water soak, replaced the MK/R. Eventually the chart started looking much better but unsure if this is good enough. Experts what do you think? Can I start printing and expect things to be high quality? Might need to zoom to see the test chart

kers

• Pieter Kers
Re: Z3200 head cleaning results
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2022, 04:47:14 am »

perfect- better than mine
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2022, 02:01:49 pm »

perfect- better than mine

Thank you. That's good enough for me to start printing.

sportmaster

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2022, 03:45:37 pm »

I am no expert, but looks good to me.

sportmaster

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2022, 03:47:37 pm »

Print a test image and check see if the results meet your expectation.

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2022, 04:08:10 pm »

Print a test image and check see if the results meet your expectation.

Did exactly that and somehow issues returned after that nearly perfect diagnostic page. Looks like LC is failing. I tried a profile page and you can clearly see the banding issues. Then printed the CC24 which is my go to when I need to see banding. Most recent diagnostic page shows no LC at all. Strange because LC cart is 123ml and feels full

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2022, 06:50:05 pm »

i would prints some targets ( waste some ink)  with all the colors and especially the ones that gives problems - i use simple paper for that.

printers need to print...

then some in machine cleaning and etc..

if nothing helps you could try a raindance...
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2022, 05:07:55 am »

Did exactly that and somehow issues returned after that nearly perfect diagnostic page. Looks like LC is failing. I tried a profile page and you can clearly see the banding issues. Then printed the CC24 which is my go to when I need to see banding. Most recent diagnostic page shows no LC at all. Strange because LC cart is 123ml and feels full

A head can still have other issues like clogged sieves that reduce ink throughput and still show a nice nozzle test. Practice demands other aspects of a heads capacities. Taking out the head and shaking it thoroughly can sometimes help on that issue. In the end you usually need a new head.
Archive calibration prints with a date assigned and see whether your latest calibration print shows signs of lower output.

Ernst, op de lei getypt.

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2022, 12:37:11 pm »

A friend mentioned air in the LC line as a possible culprit because of the erratic nature of the on and off issue (feeding ink and then nothing at all or bubbles). I'll try to take some of these out and shake them up. I do have a LC/M head around here someplace.

What is the overall view on the HP 70 printhead resuscitation kits I have seen on eBay? The ones with the dual funnel and syringe that report to be capable of refurbing a printhead

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2022, 12:43:02 pm »

i would prints some targets ( waste some ink)  with all the colors and especially the ones that gives problems - i use simple paper for that.

printers need to print...

then some in machine cleaning and etc..

if nothing helps you could try a raindance...

I do need to swap out the paper as to not waste more. I think I have a bond roll around somewhere
Pages: [1]   Go Up