Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Finder / Projects / Folders  (Read 6823 times)

electromatic

Finder / Projects / Folders
« on: January 14, 2007, 12:18:41 pm »

Hello all. New to the forums and new to Aperture. Not new to OSX or digital so hopefully I can catch ono quickly if you can guide me a little here. I have decided to start 07 as a full Aperture user if possible.

The main question I have is this: How can I use Aperture as I used to use Bridge with my existing (and simple) folder structure? My file structure is basically a main folder by year (2007), then a general description folder with basic date info stuck on the end (ex. Italy Dec07.) Inside I used to batch rename all to Italy Dec07-001, etc. but I have dropped that in Aperture and will rely on metadata. So the final format is basically:

2007>Italy Dec07>images

Anyway, what I can't seem to figure out is how I can have Aperture "realize" or sync up to my folder changes in Finder or even the fact that I added new images to a folder. I quickly realized I would probably need to create new folders in Aperture to mirror my new folders in Finder but is it impossible for Aperture to at least follow changes to that folder after that? Bridge just seems to browse happily through whatever I change in Finder and even allows editing files/folders directly without even having to switch over to Finder.

Any ideas anyone? I'm very ready to make the switch but I really want to rely on my own folder setup without having to remember to move stuff around/import in Aperture as well. Thanks for any info.

Frank B

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 04:21:37 pm »

You may want to try the Apple Support Discussion Forum with this question if you have not yet done so.

Here is the link.
http://discussions.apple.com/category.jspa?categoryID=184

Hello all. New to the forums and new to Aperture. Not new to OSX or digital so hopefully I can catch ono quickly if you can guide me a little here. I have decided to start 07 as a full Aperture user if possible.

The main question I have is this: How can I use Aperture as I used to use Bridge with my existing (and simple) folder structure? My file structure is basically a main folder by year (2007), then a general description folder with basic date info stuck on the end (ex. Italy Dec07.) Inside I used to batch rename all to Italy Dec07-001, etc. but I have dropped that in Aperture and will rely on metadata. So the final format is basically:

2007>Italy Dec07>images

Anyway, what I can't seem to figure out is how I can have Aperture "realize" or sync up to my folder changes in Finder or even the fact that I added new images to a folder. I quickly realized I would probably need to create new folders in Aperture to mirror my new folders in Finder but is it impossible for Aperture to at least follow changes to that folder after that? Bridge just seems to browse happily through whatever I change in Finder and even allows editing files/folders directly without even having to switch over to Finder.

Any ideas anyone? I'm very ready to make the switch but I really want to rely on my own folder setup without having to remember to move stuff around/import in Aperture as well. Thanks for any info.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=95687\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

electromatic

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2007, 06:38:12 pm »

Yeah, that's what I did. I think I posted the exact same question and got back some answers. I'm trying to use Aperture but it's not always easy...
Pages: [1]   Go Up