Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't delete or re-run AI masking in LR12.1  (Read 692 times)

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com
Can't delete or re-run AI masking in LR12.1
« on: December 17, 2022, 04:46:36 pm »

Just bumped into a curious unexplained behaviour in Lightroom, anyone got an insight ?

Work on an image in LR12.1 lots of various adjustments including AI masks. Decide that the file would benefit from the better noise reduction and lens correction in DXO PhotoLab 5.
Using the normal Plug-in functionality to round trip back to LR and auto import the DNG which auto copies the develop settings to the new DNG file.
However because the lens corrections are different, the masks no long align with image features. Delete the masks, then re-try to run the AI sky detect, but it immediately reapplies the copied (incorrect) mask.

I assume LR is somehow caching the AI mask to save time and doesn’t actually delete it. Not really helpful.

There is an 'Update AI masks' option in the mask panel, sometimes, but that's remained greyed out at all times.

Sure, there are ways to get round this, but it’s puzzling why they’d not allow users to re-run the AI masking option on files. Bug or feature ?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2022, 05:20:29 pm by Rhossydd »

nemophoto

• Nemo Niemann Photography
Re: Can't delete or re-run AI masking in LR12.1
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2023, 11:43:24 am »

Since I have DxO Photo Lab (6 but I may have kept 5 on my system) I'll see if I can reproduce what you're saying happened. It could very well have to do with the issues I'm having with Mask Subject.
Pages: [1]   Go Up