Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ccProfiler doesn't work with my i1 Display Pro  (Read 1021 times)

nemophoto

• Nemo Niemann Photography
ccProfiler doesn't work with my i1 Display Pro
« on: December 01, 2022, 05:53:08 pm »

I have two Viewsonic VP2785-4K monitors. For the past few years, instead of using my i1 software to calibrate, I've been using Viewsonic's Colorbration+ software since it will also store the calibration in one of the three custom recall settings. (I bought the monitors in 2019 and have been very happy with them since.)

Last night I calibrated the monitors and, though things seemed to go well, they don't quite match. A patch of light gray, for instance, has a slightly greenish cast on one monitor versus the other. I decided today to calibrate using the i1 software to see if I get a different result. The problem is my i1 Profiler software no long runs (Windows 10). I went to X-rite only to find out that they don't really have their consumer division any longer and it has been spun-off to Calibrite. I installed ccProfiler only to find it does not recognize my i1 Display Pro and only has listed as an option ccDisplay PRO. Furthermore, the program seems to be running in DEMO mode. (Maybe because it doesn't recognize the i1?)

Does anyone else have this issue and figured a way to work around this issue? I lot of digital imaging from a job next week and need to get my color sorted out.

Thanks!

PhilipCummins

Re: ccProfiler doesn't work with my i1 Display Pro
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2022, 02:55:39 am »

You should be able to still use the i1Profiler software with Windows 10 by getting the latest version 3.5 from here, I've used it on Windows 10 to profile/calibrate my monitors without any issues. I expect X-Rite should still be updating i1Profiler for their i1Pro devices & i1Publish software separate from Calibrite.

ccProfiler should also be compatible with the i1Display Pro assuming it's not an OEM license (unlikely given you've used i1Profiler before) so this should also work if you get the latest software from here. The ccDisplay Pro would be the updated name of the i1Display Pro.

Either app lets you update from within it, one quirk I have noticed is that it can take up to a minute for the software to detect the licenses (ie it's not instantaneous like in earlier versions) so it can be a while just waiting for the software to discover the license.

nemophoto

• Nemo Niemann Photography
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2022, 08:33:05 am »

Philip, thanks for your great reply and for the link. I’ll use it/download it in the next few days and see if I have any success. Meanwhile, I received a reply from Calibrite support as well. Their suggestion was to totally uninstall all drivers and software related to i1 Profiler as well as the ccProfiler. So, between your link and the uninstall, maybe I’ll get it working again. Strange that the Colorbration+ software has no issues immediately recognizing the device. The one difference between the i1/Calibrite software and The Viewsonic is that Colorbration appears to use fewer color patches than what I used (the 211 patches). That could account for the slight color variations between the two monitors now.

PhilipCummins

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2022, 10:28:38 pm »

Not a problem, just seemed odd i1Profiler had stopped for you as I have used it without any issues for a while now on Windows 10. The suggestion from Calibrite is good as well as there are known conflicts between drivers for managing the X-Rite devices as well (ie for ArgyllCMS it needs special handling to select which driver to use, it needs its own driver vs the X-Rite one, same with OEM apps I expect) so most likely the Colorbration+ software also has its own custom drivers (check Device Manager to check the manufacturer & version) which would explain why it's working fine there but not for the other programs.

If this is the case you'd need special handling for when you wanted to load calibrations directly into the monitor via Colorbration+, looked like you could create the profile with i1Profiler/ccProfiler and then import it but would want to test the workflow, or override the drivers with X-Rite's one so you would only use the app to load the ICC profile and everything else in X-Rite/Calibrite but you may lose some of the extra options that Colorbration+ provides.

tonyespofoito

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2023, 08:52:35 pm »

I believe that you can use i1 colorimeter & i1 match software on Win 10. To do so, close i1 match. Plug the colorimeter into a USB port. Open Device Manager. Scroll down to X-Rite Devices.  Double click and you should see i1 Display. Right click &update driver. You are looking for GMB_USB_v240 for i1 display2. Once the driver is installed, i1 Match software will run. The most recent version is 3.6.2. For more info, try this website: https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4009404. It's a fairly long thread, but Beveled45 has a good handle on it. Anyway, it worked for me, today, 1/25/2023.
Pages: [1]   Go Up