Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon Pro 2000, Replace 10 Ink Cartridges - other than Canon?  (Read 1144 times)

Lust4Life

• Shadows Dancing
Canon Pro 2000, Replace 10 Ink Cartridges - other than Canon?
« on: November 22, 2022, 07:59:22 am »

My Pro 2000 need 10 of the 12 cartridges replaced!  Wow, that will ruin the Xmas budget!

Is there an alternative resource for ink that works great and does not destroy the dang expensive head?

Or even a dealer that will give a break on buying 10 at one time?

Thanks

Richard.Wills

• Photofusion Photography Centre
Re: Canon Pro 2000, Replace 10 Ink Cartridges - other than Canon?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2022, 09:00:11 am »

Inkjetmall do inks for the Canons. Never tried their Canon inks, but most of their products are good.
https://shop.inkjetmall.com/Canon?category=491&search=&attrib=42-520

Czornyj

• zarzadzaniebarwa.pl
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2022, 10:01:11 am »

My Pro 2000 need 10 of the 12 cartridges replaced!  Wow, that will ruin the Xmas budget!

Is there an alternative resource for ink that works great and does not destroy the dang expensive head?

Or even a dealer that will give a break on buying 10 at one time?

Thanks

Buy inks with expired date on ebay, they are cheaper than alternative inks, but there's no risk they'll damage the print head. Contrarty to alternatives original ink should work like new even 10 years after expiretion date.

All my colleagues and clients who decided to use alternative inks had to change print heads much more frequetly and savings on ink wasn't worth it at all, not to print quality that wasn't great to say at least.
Marcin Kałuża | [URL=http://zarzadzaniebarwa

John Nollendorfs

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2022, 01:15:48 pm »

Pigmented ink carts have an expiration date for a reason! The inks are a "suspension". Over time, pigments will settle and clump together, which can cause clogs in your print head. That's not to say, carts a year or two out of date won't function just fine. Just be aware!!

Richard.Wills

• Photofusion Photography Centre
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2022, 05:39:43 pm »

And remember that the moment you/they spend a fortune/buy something, different has the potential to be the time the print head says "no", I quit. As long as you make the decision early in the week, without a painful print queue, the print head will be compliant.

I swear that my print heads die 16:30 on a Friday, just past the cut off for a next day AM replacement.

cougar_daniels

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2022, 12:34:36 am »

I recognize this dilemma!

I'm a long time portrait photographer running two PGF 2000s, and since the original carts were low I've been running Ink Owl Inks. I had used these for some years prior in two Epson 7880s, with excellent results. The IO inks for Canon 2000s work equally well--excellently, and the price-per ML is very attractive.

I appreciate that the IO inks can be blended with the OEMs, seamlessly, with no color changes / shifts, and I have experienced no issues with permanence using (mainly) Epson Premium Pro Luster, which I have profiles for the Canon.

I consider the Ink Owl inks the full equivalent of the OEMs, based on my long experience.

Issues: you lose ink monitoring, so you have to learn to weigh the carts empty and full. This is a fairly trivial maintenance MO. I tend to check carts periodically, spot checking those which are used most rapidly--mainly, PB, Y, G, PG, and PM. I print a lot (sometimes several 100' rolls a day) and usually refill once every couple of weeks. Refilling is very easy and quick.

Feel free to contact me if you have questions. And no, I have no connection with the company (though they are really nice to deal with).

Cheers!

chipc4

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2022, 06:58:37 pm »

Hi, I have had a Canon Pro 2000 for a couple of years wit no problems till now. My printer began dumping whole cartridges of Magenta ink as soon aftr one or two prints. Called a canon rep and he diagnosed the nproblem as a faulty print head. So, I bought a new one from BHPHOTO  with a set of 700ml cartridges. After going through the complete set up it proceeded to dump all of the magenta 700ml cartridge bfore i could make even one print. Has anyone else had this problem? Is anyone familiar with Canon chips being faulty?
Thanks
Chip

cougar_daniels

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2022, 03:27:37 pm »

Amendment: I see the faint dark adjacent stripes only from left to right on the page (horizontal).

FYI: I have run:
1. Paper feed auto adjusment
2. Head adjustment (Fine) on auto.
3. Multiple head cleanings and patterns (no nozzle issues)

deanwork

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2022, 11:16:59 pm »

I have a philosophy about buying old ink on eBay. It depends on how much the printheads are going to cost you.
I bought a 700 milliliter yellow cart for an Epson 7890 on eBay. It was sealed in original foil inside a pristine sealed original box was a couple of years old. Within a day my head was destroyed. I gave the printer away eventually.

I decided I’ll never ever do that again. Was really mad. Later I heard about the Epson fake ink scams on eBay.

But now I’m using a lot of fairly old and real old hp70 inks in those printers from eBay and they all have been great. You really should shake the carts for a few minutes and after that once a week or so for safety.
Only one guy sent me an open k cart that couldn’t be read by the printer. He gave a refund immediately.

With those heads you can buy another for the price of 130 ml ink. That’s a good gamble.

But on Epsons I’d never buy an old or used ink online. Not worth the gamble.

Canon is a harder decision. Heads are not cheap but you can do it yourself . There are a lot of IPF 3rd party affordable inks out there. Surely somebody’s using them. Be nice if you could find someone online who’s used them for a year or so. You certainly don’t have to worry about longevity. Canons recent inks suck in that regard already.

John

quote author=cougar_daniels link=topic=141678.msg1248025#msg1248025 date=1670358457]
Amendment: I see the faint dark adjacent stripes only from left to right on the page (horizontal).

FYI: I have run:
1. Paper feed auto adjusment
2. Head adjustment (Fine) on auto.
3. Multiple head cleanings and patterns (no nozzle issues)
[/quote]

D White

• Don White
    • iStock
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2022, 11:40:32 am »

I have been using replacement carts on my Canon Pro-2000 from "Absolute Ink Jet" in the 700ml size for a number of years.
Dr D White DDS BSc

aaron125

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2023, 06:56:07 am »

Pigmented ink carts have an expiration date for a reason! The inks are a "suspension". Over time, pigments will settle and clump together, which can cause clogs in your print head. That's not to say, carts a year or two out of date won't function just fine. Just be aware!!
Are you sure about that? As in, from personal experience? I’ve used expired carts on my 3800, 3880 and now Canon Pro1000 and even though some carts were up to 5 years expired, never had a single problem on any of those printers and the Canon, my current printer, is still printing perfectly.

While you are correct that the pigments are in suspension, why do you think EVERY pigment printer instructs to shake the cart before installing? And as long as one remembers to remove and physically shake their carts at least once every month or so, you shouldn’t experience any problems.

To try and ensure you don’t get head clogs, make at least one print/week. Even if that’s a simple nozzle check pattern, that’s all which is generally needed to keep the nozzles clean and clear. Thankfully the Canon Pro printers actually shake the carts automatically for the user, so we don’t even need to do that, but I still print a nozzle check once/week for piece of mind.

Rest assured, if the carts are 100% genuine Canon products, you shouldn’t have any issues whatsoever, imho you can safely buy carts up to at least 4-5 years expired. Just be sure to shake the first and run those nozzle checks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up