Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: updated QTR now works with matte paper on Epson P900?  (Read 514 times)

Eric Brody

• http://www.ericbrodyphoto.com
updated QTR now works with matte paper on Epson P900?
« on: November 13, 2022, 05:36:26 pm »

We just received notification from Roy Harrington himself that QTR now works with matte paper with the Epson P900. As I recall, previously it worked only with glossy paper.

This is BIG NEWS to those of us who really love QTR and would like to use it with the P900 and its ability to switch from matte to glossy without going through an ink switch (a feature Canon has had for a long time).

If there is anyone here who uses a P900 and would try this out and let us know for sure, I would be most grateful.

Here is Roy's email...

On Nov 11, 2022, at 10:10 AM, Roy Harrington <roy@harrington.com> wrote:

Hi All

I finally figured out the inks on the new printers. Matte black=MK and Violet=V are now
usable on the new printers.  Also the new Apple Chips are native now.
You will need to re-process curves for these two printers since there are more inks now.

Some bug fixes -- notably the "filter failed" I'm pretty sure is gone.

Have at it and let me know of any troubles -- too many OS's :-))

Roy

I trust Roy; I've used QTR for many years as well as his Print-Tool program but before I spring for over $US 1K, I'd like to hear from someone who's actually done it. My 3880 has been humming along for almost 10 years; best printer I've ever used though Epson has been steadily increasing the ink costs (? to try and get us to upgrade?).

Best to all,

Eric

Ferp

Re: updated QTR now works with matte paper on Epson P900?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2022, 05:50:57 pm »

Yes, this is fantastic news, but before any one asks, this enhancement is Mac only at this stage.  I wouldn't recommend holding your breath for a Windows solution.  Roy has been unable to get QTRGui to work fully with the existing 10 ink printers, because he doesn't have the source code.  (You have to lie to QTRGui and specify it as an 8 ink printer.)

Eric Brody

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2022, 06:35:41 pm »

Thanks Ferp. I should have mentioned that it's Mac only but since I've been a Mac user since April 18, 1984, I don't keep track of much in the Windows world though some of my best friends use Windows :-).

deanwork

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2022, 11:11:44 pm »

You can download it and test it for free right? I always did in the past.

Thanks Ferp. I should have mentioned that it's Mac only but since I've been a Mac user since April 18, 1984, I don't keep track of much in the Windows world though some of my best friends use Windows :-).

Eric Brody

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2022, 11:08:23 am »

Thanks deanwork, I've been using QTR for many years, and yes, I've paid for it. I just do not have a P900 on which to test it... yet.
Pages: [1]   Go Up