Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AE bracketing or HDR on the Fuji X-S10  (Read 702 times)

bluekorn

AE bracketing or HDR on the Fuji X-S10
« on: October 27, 2022, 12:41:47 pm »

On my Fuji x-s10 I bracketed three shots at 2/3 of a stop between images. In review DR 100 was indicated for each of the bracketed shots and in each of the shots the zebras indicted errant exposure and the histogram for each channel was up against one side or the other. I took the same shot again using HDR auto, the zebras all but disappeared and the histogram channels were in bounds except for the blue which was against the left side. The HDR exposure looked on the camera screen to be very much like exposure one in the ae bracketing sequence (normal, plus 2/3, minus 2/3) but the highlights were pulled back within the right side of the histogram.

Two questions:
One, why is the blue channel far left in both in both the HDR shot and the third shot in the ae bracketing sequence?
Two, why not always shoot landscapes in the HDR auto mode? I’m presuming that if I were to shoot in HDR auto all the time something would be lost elsewhere?

Thank you. Peter

bluekorn

Re: AE bracketing or HDR on the Fuji X-S10
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2022, 06:29:38 pm »

So, let me simply ask this. Is there any reason not to shoot Fuji x-s10 landscapes in HDR all the time?
Pages: [1]   Go Up