Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Colors at the creek  (Read 372 times)

MattBurt

• Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
Colors at the creek
« on: October 20, 2022, 01:10:59 pm »

We've had very clear skies the past several days but yesterday some high clouds developed to the west toward the end of the day. Without much time before sunset I just headed to the nearby creek but to a spot on it I have not visited since spring. Levels are very low like last fall so it was shallow enough to stand in here in my hiking boots which made composing a little easier. I was happy this log on the right (2nd image) was here; it much have come in with the spring melt.

GFX 50r & 32-64

-MattB

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
Re: Colors at the creek
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2022, 03:12:38 am »

Well done.

francois

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2022, 05:34:43 am »

Two winners again. I love the composition, especially the second one. You seem to be a magnet for fiery skies  ;D
Bravo, Matt
Francois

Bob_B

• It's all about light
    • Robert Belas Photography
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2022, 07:33:58 am »

Beautiful set. I too like the second one. The warm glow on the left bank of the creek is so nice.
Robert Belas Photography
www.belasphoto.com

MattBurt

• Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2022, 11:35:57 am »

Well done.

Thank you Paulo!

Two winners again. I love the composition, especially the second one. You seem to be a magnet for fiery skies  ;D
Bravo, Matt

Thanks! This is a favorite spot on the creek I have visited many times over the years. I've also gotten pretty good and recognizing a good sunset on the way with reasonable accuracy. With a few good locations within a mile or so of home it's not hard to dash out for a quick shoot. The rub is the repetition of those locations. I need a Star Trek transporter so I can beam somewhere new with similar ease. But until then I have my well worn spots.

Beautiful set. I too like the second one. The warm glow on the left bank of the creek is so nice.

Thanks! That one is my favorite too. For me the log on the right's curve mirroring the curve of the creek on the left is what brought me to this composition. The log is new this year too so it added some variation. But now that you mention it that glow is good as well. :)
This shot has made a bit of a splash on Facebook for what it's worth (probably not much but maybe a print sale or two). Interesting how a photo can catch on at one site and not another. It has 5 likes on Flickr and is closing in on 800 likes on Facebook. <shrug>
« Last Edit: October 28, 2022, 06:57:42 pm by MattBurt »
-MattB
Pages: [1]   Go Up