Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cancelling subscription to LL  (Read 1681 times)

wingtangwong

Cancelling subscription to LL
« on: October 16, 2022, 01:59:55 pm »

So been a long time reader of LL and loved the articles of the past. When the subscription option popped up, I subscribed because of the historically great content and because I wanted to help out in some small way.

But I’m cancelling the renewal of my subscription going forward. :(

Reasons:

• It seems there are fewer and fewer articles of interest for me.
  • The articles that are published, that DO interest me… are nowhere near as detailed and heartfelt? As in the past.
  • Maybe I just enjoyed Michael Reichmann’s touch to things more?

I have been searching the site to perhaps see if I didn’t miss some content.. but honestly, when I did find something in my search, it was from before MR’s passing.

Thanks for the years of great articles and for keeping the site alive. But I really do miss the content from before, and 6 years into my subscription, I don’t think it will be coming back in that form.

W.

jemadsen

Re: Cancelling subscription to LL
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2022, 12:08:59 pm »

Hi

I have the same thoughts. No interest in (scores of) re-issued articles, no interest in video/movie stuff. And LuLa (except Dan Wells) seems to have no interest in keeping up with news - being it equipment, other tools or trends - in the photographic part of the imaging world.

So really only the forum left of interest. And I haven't been using that much these last years. So might leave at year end.

Regards Johannes Elkjaer Madsen
Regards
Johannes Elkjaer Madsen

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2022, 02:04:00 pm »

So been a long time reader of LL and loved the articles of the past. When the subscription option popped up, I subscribed because of the historically great content and because I wanted to help out in some small way.

But I’m cancelling the renewal of my subscription going forward. :(

Reasons:

• It seems there are fewer and fewer articles of interest for me.
  • The articles that are published, that DO interest me… are nowhere near as detailed and heartfelt? As in the past.
  • Maybe I just enjoyed Michael Reichmann’s touch to things more?

I have been searching the site to perhaps see if I didn’t miss some content.. but honestly, when I did find something in my search, it was from before MR’s passing.

Thanks for the years of great articles and for keeping the site alive. But I really do miss the content from before, and 6 years into my subscription, I don’t think it will be coming back in that form.

W.
If this is your second post: i wonder what your first post was about…
For me the forum alone is important enough to be a (small) contributor.
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

JMRead

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2022, 05:50:44 am »

Hello there,

I noticed that the site has opened up to guests again, I wonder why?
I think it started on Monday the 14th I checked forums at the top of the list using another browser and they opened up.
Going down to the the Coffee Corner I got this;

I don't think Mr Sanderson had got that far with altering the code.
It could be if the site does not revert to its usual practice of 'making' people join to be able to see the forums that more member may join.
You never know.

Cheers - J

Pages: [1]   Go Up