Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: new named color palette for ArgyllPro  (Read 735 times)

avogra

• Alexander von Grafenstein
    • 3dscanforum.org
new named color palette for ArgyllPro
« on: October 04, 2022, 09:37:18 am »

Hi,
I want to create a new color palette for import into ArgyllPro containing the RAL classic colors. At https://www.greensystems-stadtmobiliar.de/ral-farbtabelle, I found the CIE Lab values for all colors. But I struggle to create an appropriate file. ArgyllPro accepts cxf or icc files with named colors. I tried to understand the cxf specification but had a hard time finding out what I need.
Can someone give me a hint, how to achieve that?

Thank you in advance,
Alex

GWGill

• Author of ArgyllCMS & ArgyllPRO ColorMeter
    • ArgyllCMS
Re: new named color palette for ArgyllPro
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2022, 08:44:52 pm »

Strangely RAL doesn't seem to offer digital libraries themselves, which would be the official way to obtain them.
They did offer software for PC and Mac that presumably contained the relevant spot color libraries at one stage, but that seems to be discontinued.
(Seems archaic that their offerings are printed color samples only now, unless you are prepared to buy their measuring device.)

A google leads to this <https://communities.efi.com/s/article/Does-Fiery-XF-and-the-internal-Color-Editor-support-RAL-spot-color?language=en_US>,
which may be of help.

Otherwise the best advice is to get hold of an existing CxF3 file and a suitable xml editor (XmlNotepad ?), and make your own from the L*a*b* values you have found.

[ BTW, the App. is called "ColorMeter". ArgyllPRO is a product line. ]
« Last Edit: October 05, 2022, 06:38:54 pm by GWGill »

avogra

• Alexander von Grafenstein
    • 3dscanforum.org
Re: new named color palette for ArgyllPro
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2022, 06:09:11 pm »

Excellent, It works a treat! Thank you very much.
Why did you find those and I did not? I think I spent like the first two hours, searching for a cxf file, and another 2 to understand the file format to create / modify my own until giving up and posting here.
It is funny that those two files are quite different in some colors. Seems like the are not original colors but also measured and stored ones. But good enough for me.

Thanks again!
Pages: [1]   Go Up