Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The best camera  (Read 990 times)

David Eckels

• It's just a camera.
    • Website
The best camera
« on: September 27, 2022, 01:03:04 pm »

This year I turn 70 and my oldest son turns 40. We decided to celebrate together in London and Liverpool watching a football match featuring Dan's favorite team and participating in a sort of fan-appreciation day. I also decided to limit myself to carrying only my iPhone in order to test the adage that the best camera is the one you have with you... An example below. The rest of the story can be found here in my blog; the entire iPhone gallery can be found here. Not a unique story, but I had to try it myself with no cheating.
Enjoy!

francois

Re: The best camera
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2022, 05:37:31 am »

Beautiful images with a great story. Thanks for sharing and enjoy your London trip. It doesn't happen that often in a lifetime.  ;)
Francois

David Eckels

• It's just a camera.
    • Website
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2022, 11:27:28 am »

Thanks for looking, Francois. You're right. Tempus fugit.

Arlen

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2022, 12:56:08 pm »

Well done, David, both the pictures and story. And I enjoyed looking at your blog. It's apparent there that our backgrounds have a lot in common, both photographically and in biomedical research. I also have been using the camera of the iPhone 11 on occasion, and as a result have come up with some images that I would otherwise never have gotten. Newer models promise even more, but I tend to hang on to phones for a while before upgrading.

David Eckels

• It's just a camera.
    • Website
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2022, 01:53:53 pm »

Thanks Arlen. You'll have to PM me and fill me in. Always good to hear from colleagues of both sorts! Regarding your point about newer models: I think it would be easier to be able to use native raw format, which the newer ones will enable. All the best.
Pages: [1]   Go Up