Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sony A7rIII EVF/Display brightness while under exposing  (Read 896 times)

larkis

• My photography blog
Sony A7rIII EVF/Display brightness while under exposing
« on: September 21, 2022, 11:46:44 am »

I have been trying to shoot my sony at a maximum 640 iso as mentioned in a few iso invariance articles online, so far no issues with the actual images, but the only issue is that in darker locations the viewfinder is very dark. Is there some setting that can make the display behave as if i'm in unconstrained auto ISO but as the shot is taken it caps it at 640iso ?

I have to check but I believe my 645z had such a feature (it's been a while).

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
Re: Sony A7rIII EVF/Display brightness while under exposing
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2022, 01:01:43 pm »

When that happens to me I just roll up the EV dial to +3 (or as needed) to focus and frame, then pull it back.

There is also this; Bright Monitoring
"Allows you to adjust the composition when shooting in dark environments. By extending the exposure time, you can check the composition on the viewfinder/monitor even in dark locations such as under the night sky."
https://helpguide.sony.net/ilc/1930/v1/en/contents/TP0002711866.html?search=bright

larkis

• My photography blog
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2022, 01:31:23 pm »

Thanks, that dark monitoring feature is useful for landscape work. Now i wish they made it work with AF-C mode.

wcarlew

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2022, 08:58:37 pm »

Have you tried toggling " Live View Display    Setting Effect On/Off"?  I keep it in My Menu
Pages: [1]   Go Up