Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson P900 and LR won't print correct margins  (Read 1061 times)

tsinsf

Epson P900 and LR won't print correct margins
« on: September 11, 2022, 07:54:39 pm »

I made a print using LR and my Epson P900. The paper size is 17x25 (Custom Size created by me, Margins "User Defined"). The settings in the print module (listed in order from top to bottom) were Single Image, no Image Settings were checked. All Margins 0.50 inch, Cell Spacing greyed out, Cell Size Height 16.00 inch, Width 24.00. Color Management by RR Arctic Polar Luster EP900. Page Setup Landscape Orientation, Scale 100%. The image in LR looks correct  but when printed the top and bottom margins were incorrect. The top margin was 0.125 inch and the bottom margin 0.875 inch. I read about this problem in several other online forums and the only conclusion I came to was that the only fix to get an adequate margin in the 0.125 inch is to change the Layout Margin to add more distance. I did this and it worked (the bottom, the larger one stayed the same). But this means I cannot make a print in the landscape orientation of 16x24...it would have to be 15.5x24. Am I missing something? Is there another fix? Is this LR's fault or Epson's? Or both, it is a fault in the way the talk to each other. Thank you in advance.

PS I enclose screen shots of the LR settings. I am using an Apple M1 Max, OS 12.5.1, LR 11.5 (most current version).

Rand47

Re: Epson P900 and LR won't print correct margins
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2022, 09:14:49 am »

Try setting the margins to 0.25 all the way around.  Leave the cell size at 24 wide.

Rand
Rand Scott Adams

tsinsf

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2022, 12:47:44 pm »

LR won't let me do that...the minimum margins are 0.5 inches all around.

dgberg

• http://bergsprintstudio.com http://bergscustomfurniture.com
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2022, 06:46:54 am »

If you are using sheet 17x25 many of those have a preset sized border. If you go in and make your own custom size ( like you have done. Set your borders to what you want them and click zoom to fill. Watch your preview and see what happens and then print. Zoom to fill should fix a situation where your crop may not be exactly to your requested print size. Unless of course the paper size you have selected has a fixed border that cannot be edited, then zoom to fill will not override the fixed border.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2022, 11:44:45 am by dgberg »

Frodo

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2022, 03:13:02 am »

I use Epson Print Layout and often use custom sizes and haven't had any issues with print sizes or margins.

pflower

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2022, 11:33:16 am »

I second the zoom to fill idea - I had similar problems with roll paper on a P5000.  In LR I make the cell size the exact size I want the image so that when zoom to fill is checked there is no change in the image size.  That solved the problem for me.  No idea why zoom to fill works to give even margins but it does.

I have no problems with sheets though, but you haven't shown the Paper Size box in Page Set up.  if you look at the options for your paper size many of the options add to the margins.  You have to highlight the paper size and the precise margins for that size become visible.

Making your own custom page size should solve this.

If you are using sheet 17x25 many of those have a preset sized border. If you go in and make your own custom size ( like you have done. Set your borders to what you want them and click zoom to fill. Watch your preview and see what happens and then print. Zoom to fill should fix a situation where your crop may not be exactly to your requested print size.

pflower

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2022, 07:03:38 pm »

Just to clarify - looking at the paper sizes in Page Set Up for the P5000, the choice for each paper size marked A* Borders Maximum (Sheet) adds 0.12in to each of the 4 margins.  The setting A* Borders Sheet adds 0.12in to the top, left and right margins but adds 0.55in to the bottom margin.  This might be an explanation for your problem.

I second the zoom to fill idea - I had similar problems with roll paper on a P5000.  In LR I make the cell size the exact size I want the image so that when zoom to fill is checked there is no change in the image size.  That solved the problem for me.  No idea why zoom to fill works to give even margins but it does.

I have no problems with sheets though, but you haven't shown the Paper Size box in Page Set up.  if you look at the options for your paper size many of the options add to the margins.  You have to highlight the paper size and the precise margins for that size become visible.

Making your own custom page size should solve this.
Pages: [1]   Go Up