Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Topaz Sharpen AI doesn't look sharp at 30% but does at 33% and above  (Read 825 times)

tsinsf

Since upgrading to Monterey I can no longer use the beloved Pixel Genius for sharpening, so I've been using Topaz Sharpen AI for creative sharpening. After I exit Topaz, the photo sharpening looks unchanged at my fit screen size of 30%. If I click once with the magnifying glass the size increases to 33% and the sharpening is very noticable. When using Photoshop to sharpen with Unsharp Mask, the sharpening is evident at the fit screen size of 30%. Anybody know what is going on with Topaz that it doesn't show the sharpening at my fit screen size?

MacOS Monterey 12.5. most current Photoshop, Nec PA 302W 30 inch monitor, Photo Raw size is 4480x6720
« Last Edit: August 01, 2022, 06:06:56 pm by tsinsf »

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Re: Topaz Sharpen AI doesn't look sharp at 30% but does at 33% and above
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2022, 08:29:22 pm »

PKS is running for me but some steps are necessary:
Use Terminal and copy/paste this:

sudo xattr -dr com.apple.quarantine

Be sure to add a space after the e of ‘quarantine’

Then drag & drop the plug-in onto Terminal…the first plug-in requires you enter your password. The other plug-ins don’t.

Repeat the copy paste and drag & drop for each of the 7 plug-ins-even the oddball plug-ins like Toolbox & Previewer

You’ll have to quit and relaunch Photoshop…

This seems to allow the older PhotoKit Plug-ins to run like they used to on Mac. Pretty sure there’s no issue on Windows.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Arlen

Re: Topaz Sharpen AI doesn't look sharp at 30% but does at 33% and above
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2022, 01:47:20 pm »

Pretty sure there’s no issue on Windows.

Right, PKS is working fine for me in Windows 10.

I can't say what is the problem with Sharpen AI at 30% vs 33%. Again on my Windows 10 system, after exiting the filter I can see the sharpening effect at both of those zoom settings.
Pages: [1]   Go Up