Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recommendation for Easily Removable Camera Strap  (Read 572 times)

John Hollenberg

Recommendation for Easily Removable Camera Strap
« on: July 26, 2022, 01:35:37 pm »

I want to change camera straps from the ones that came with the cameras (Sony A7r II and Canon 5DSr) to ones that can be easily removed when working on a tripod.  The one that seems to be pretty popular is the Peak Design Slide Camera Strap:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1372679-REG/peak_design_sl_bk_3_slide_camera_strap_black.html

Any recommendations for or against this strap or for a strap you think is better?

Thanks.

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
Re: Recommendation for Easily Removable Camera Strap
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2022, 02:14:44 pm »

Those silver coloured buckles are metal (al alloy maybe).  In the camera bag they clink (and maybe scratch) the body.  I discarded mine.

David Eckels

• It's just a camera.
    • Website
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2022, 02:37:44 pm »

I have the Peak Design tabs (very versatile) and use them with the shoulder strap and more often with the wrist strap. As for the buckles on the shoulder strap scratching the camera body, it is so easy to remove, I just fold it up out of the way. Lifetime guarantee if I remember right.

MDL_SD

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2022, 04:01:32 pm »

I also use the Peak Design slide strap and just roll it up so that the metal is covered in a bag. Really convenient to be able to quickly attach and remove the strap. I keep a Small Rig wrist strap on the camera (Sony a7rIV) all the time.

John Hollenberg

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2022, 05:03:22 pm »

Thanks to all who replied.  I'm going to order that camera strap.

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2022, 07:51:19 pm »

i use optech; works well for me also when walking for hours in the mountains with heavy DSLR and it is a lot cheaper

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/662055-REG/OP_TECH_USA_1001062_Super_Classic_Strap_Uni_Loop.html
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la
Pages: [1]   Go Up