Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question on new 5DsR  (Read 606 times)

kevs

Question on new 5DsR
« on: July 22, 2022, 02:49:50 pm »

Just got 5dsr,  and few questions coming from a 5d2.

Lens aberration and peripheral, and chromatic,  think by default off, recommend turning them on?

Any downsides to enabling/ turning on?

Highlight tone priority: Have no idea what this does, off correct? Same question.

Auto LIghting optimizer, same question.

Auto flicker, same, don't think ever seen flicker in life.

Firmware 1.1.4 r, camera working fine any need to upgrade?

Jpegs size, when you choose M1, or  M2,  says print size same , pixel size same, yet one says be larger MP size, hard question ask  but what Canon doing to make one the higher quality one?

iso noise reduction, think on standard by default, any advice on this? Don't think Mark 2 even had it in camera?

AF method, I  chose combo, in other words go back forth servo to one shot. As portrait photographer, with Mark 2  I would manually change to AI in rare instances I go outside and shoot model running.. This is save me having to do that switch and  it's accurate, does not screw up?

I chose not spot, but one above that One square. It seems (could be wrong) , if choose four squares around the one or more, the lens might pick wrong part to focus on.

AF choosing, is way to get so when press down, keeps moving instead of having to punch down again and again (think say with mirrorless you can) hope understand that one.

Canon 5DS4/ 5D2/ Canon 16-35, 24-105, fixed 85, Profoto D1s

petermfiore

• Peter Fiore Fine Art
Re: Question on new 5DsR
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2022, 04:23:27 pm »

Try looking on Youtube. I'm sure you find some that would help you. Try Google. I find lots of info on so many issues.

Peter

BobShaw

• Aspiration Images
Re: Question on new 5DsR
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2022, 12:27:24 am »

I have had its sister the 5Ds for about 6 years now I think. I have never had these questions. Some I didn't know existed. Canon provide a 500 page manual on the camera which is good start, but from my experience if you shoot raw most probably don't matter.
I wasn't aware of the firmware update and will definitely look at that.
Website - http://AspirationImages.com
Studio and Commercial Photography
Pages: [1]   Go Up