Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson driver Presets on a mac OS  (Read 591 times)

NeilPrintArt

• www.printartct.co.za
Epson driver Presets on a mac OS
« on: July 04, 2022, 12:18:48 pm »

Hello!

I was forced to reset my print system the other day and have appeared to have lost all my Epson driver 'Presets'.

A google search says that they are stored at User > Library > Preferences and I should find a bunch of files with names like....
com.apple.print.custompresets.forprinter.EPSON_SC_P9000_Series
com.apple.print.custompresets.forprinter.EPSON_SC_P10000_Series

etc

So I have gone into TimeMachine and moved these files back into the current OS, but still no Presets show up in the Epson driver dialog
I am on macOS 10.14
Any suggestions what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks
Neil

Neil Williamson
Print Art Cape Town
www.printartct.co.za

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Re: Epson driver Presets on a mac OS
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2022, 01:20:22 pm »

http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

ColourPhil

• Colour Management by Phil Cruse
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2022, 04:30:11 pm »

You may get lucky by deleting the System Caches. Best is to use Onyx Utility to do this:
From my Mac Printing Problems page:
https://www.colourphil.co.uk/printing-mac_colour_problems.shtml

"If after the above the saved Presets don't show, you may need to delete the macOS System Caches:
The easiest way to do this is with the excellent free Onyx Utility. Running the 'Maintenance' program in Onyx fixed a problem I had with recalled Printer Presets not showing. Many of us run this utility regularly, especially before and after system upgrades."

Good Luck,

Daverich

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2022, 06:56:59 pm »

Hello!

I was forced to reset my print system the other day and have appeared to have lost all my Epson driver 'Presets'.

A google search says that they are stored at User > Library > Preferences and I should find a bunch of files with names like....
com.apple.print.custompresets.forprinter.EPSON_SC_P9000_Series
com.apple.print.custompresets.forprinter.EPSON_SC_P10000_Series

etc

So I have gone into TimeMachine and moved these files back into the current OS, but still no Presets show up in the Epson driver dialog
I am on macOS 10.14
Any suggestions what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks
Neil

Here’s where the presets are stored on my Mac. I have a problem with my P5000 that requires me to reinstall the driver from time to time. Before I do that I copy this file and restore it after I redo the drivers. My presets are always complete afterwards.

/Users/username/Library/Preferences/com.apple.print.custompresets.forprinter.Epson_Stylus_Pro_3880.plist

NeilPrintArt

• www.printartct.co.za
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2022, 05:01:44 am »

Yes, unfortunately none of the suggestions have worked for me either, but thanks for the pointers
Neil Williamson
Print Art Cape Town
www.printartct.co.za

Daverich

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2022, 10:44:46 am »

Yes, unfortunately none of the suggestions have worked for me either, but thanks for the pointers

Do you have an older backup of this file?

Users/Library/Preferences
com.apple.print.custompresets.forprinter.SC_P5000Series_FCC63E__IP_.plist

It would have your printer instead of mine, of course. If you do, replace your current version of that file with the one from your backup and you should get whatever presets were setup when the backup was made.

NeilPrintArt

• www.printartct.co.za
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2022, 04:05:19 am »

Do you have an older backup of this file?

Users/Library/Preferences
com.apple.print.custompresets.forprinter.SC_P5000Series_FCC63E__IP_.plist

It would have your printer instead of mine, of course. If you do, replace your current version of that file with the one from your backup and you should get whatever presets were setup when the backup was made.

Thanks Daverich. I have deleted all 'custompresets' files from the library, then cleared the system cache, then reinstalled the preference files from a backup, but it just don't work unfortunately. None of the presets show up in the print driver. I can see the 'custompresets' files in the Preferences directory but the print driver does not, apparently,  :( . Good lesson about learned about the usefulness of either physical notes or screenshots in addition to harddrive backups!
Neil Williamson
Print Art Cape Town
www.printartct.co.za

Jonathan Cross

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2022, 04:25:55 am »

Similar but slightly different.  I have a Canon Printer and the Canon Professional Print and Layout did not appear as a plug-in in LR or Photoshop.  I had correspondence with Canon but they were puzzled and could not solve the issue.  I can't remember if Adobe or macOS had a small upgrade, but all was right after that.

Jonathan

Jonathan in UK
Pages: [1]   Go Up