Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone updated to NIK Collection 4/5 with Silver Efex Pro 3 already?  (Read 1500 times)

TheNinth

• The Ninth

Hi,

I am currently seeing an issue and I am not 100 % if it was introduced with the update to NIK Collection 4 or 5, I went from 3 to 4 to 5 in short succession and not sure when it started.

In any case, now with NIK Collection 5 installed, in Silver Efex Pro 3, the preview image does not get updated anymore when dragging around the sliders of the Levels & Curves tool. Only when releasing the sliders, the preview image gets updated. This is pretty inconvenient if you are trying to fine-tune your exposure.

Is anyone else seeing this issue with Silver Efex Pro 3, either from NIK Collection 4 or 5?

Regards, Robert
My website: www.the-ninth.com

Arlen

Re: Anyone updated to NIK Collection 4/5 with Silver Efex Pro 3 already?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2022, 10:26:48 pm »

I see the same thing in my trial version of Nik Collection 5. I'm not sure if it acted that way in previous versions or not. I agree that this behavior is unfortunate.

TheNinth

• The Ninth
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2022, 11:15:32 pm »

I see the same thing in my trial version of Nik Collection 5. I'm not sure if it acted that way in previous versions or not. I agree that this behavior is unfortunate.

Thanks - so I know now it is not related to my setup/configuration. In previous versions this was not an issue, the preview image updated live when sliders where dragged.

I contacted DXO, will see what they say.

TheNinth

• The Ninth
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2022, 12:58:46 am »

It took DXO quite some time to respond, but they have now written to me that this will be fixed in a future release.

Arlen

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2022, 01:59:33 am »

Good to know. Thanks for getting back to us about it.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2022, 09:34:50 am »

I had gotten the Nik collection for free when they were bought out a few years back.  Does anyone know if it's updatable?  Cost?

Arlen

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2022, 01:23:57 pm »

I had gotten the Nik collection for free when they were bought out a few years back.  Does anyone know if it's updatable?  Cost?

It's no longer updatable if you got a free version in 2017 or earlier. The latest DxO version, with its many updates and revisions since they bought it, will cost you the full price of $149. You might get a discount if you wait until a Black Friday sale.

TheNinth

• The Ninth
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2022, 01:16:43 pm »

The problem with the levels/curves tool is now fixed in the just-released version 5.2.0 of the NIK Collection.
Pages: [1]   Go Up