Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Betterlight Super 8K 4x5 view camera insert  (Read 450 times)

Ed Stander

Betterlight Super 8K 4x5 view camera insert
« on: June 27, 2022, 05:58:00 pm »

Hi all - I have a Betterlight Super 8K scanning back available for sale.  The Super 8K captures 12,000 x 15990 pixels per image, and in my opinion, has some of the best software available for color correction and focusing.  The package includes the Super 8K insert in excellent condition, the USB control box specific to this camera, all cables, tungsten and daylight filters, power supply, and miscellaneous objects photographed below.  The viewfinder software is available for both Mac and Windows on the Betterlight webpage.
The Super 8K cost $17,000 new, and has been sold out for years.  If you are looking for one, this is a good unit to consider.

From the Betterlight website: Better Light scan backs are widely acknowledged for capturing image quality superior to film or fixed-array digital cameras. Used on a view camera, the capture area is 72x96mm (120mm diagonal), creating a huge pixel population with the scan movement of its tri-linear sensor. Each pixel receives pure red, green and blue data so there is no interpolation of color data, or typical digital artifacts, or moiré pattern Issues to deal with in post-production.

Asking $5500.00
« Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 06:02:14 pm by Ed Stander »

Wheathin21

Re: Betterlight Super 8K 4x5 view camera insert
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2022, 12:34:00 pm »

I've been looking for one of these scan backs for some time now. I've sent you a PM.

NortheastPhotographic

• Owner of Northeast Photographic lab in Maine
    • Northeast Photographic
Re: Betterlight Super 8K 4x5 view camera insert
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2022, 09:09:14 pm »

This is just a cool piece of kit.  Care to share some images?
Shoot film.
Pages: [1]   Go Up