Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Capture One 20 doesn't see files on SD card.  (Read 1824 times)

jmg1949

Capture One 20 doesn't see files on SD card.
« on: June 19, 2022, 10:13:28 pm »

I have Capture One 20 for Sony. (Haven't needed further upgrades for my hobby.) Just upgraded from a Sony A7R ll to a new A7Rlll. C1 doesn't see the files from the new camera which has actually been around for about 5 years so not really new and clearly supported. Initially, I initially was shooting RAW images only but when I tried to import got a message that there were no files on the card. Then, set the camera to record RAW+JPEG the JPEG files were there but not the RAW. I am at a loss as to why C1 20 doesn't see Sony RAW files from the new camera. Any help or explanation would be appreciated.

Thanks, Jim

Ray Harrison

Re: Capture One 20 doesn't see files on SD card.
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2022, 07:24:54 am »

Very odd indeed. Have you checked View->Global Filters to see whether "Always hide RAW files" is checked for some reason? A suggestion if you're up for it - there's a very active FB group called "Capture One Technical Forum" run by a fellow called Walter Rowe that may be able to help more quickly. There are a fair number of Sony shooters there.

I guess also make sure your camera firmware, OS (for whatever version you're running), etc are all up-to-date or as up-to-date as you're comfortable going. 

Cheers,
Ray

jmg1949

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2022, 08:33:30 am »

That's a good thought. None of the filters are checked. There's no problem with files from the A7R2 which are on the same card.

Thanks, Jim

jmg1949

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2022, 08:49:39 am »

For anyone who might be interested, I heard back from Capture One Support. They didn't add support for the Sony R3llla (the new camera) until version 21 and apparently Raw support isn't backwards compatible with earlier versions! So if I want to continue to use Capture One with the new camera I will have to upgrade to the latest version available. That's irritating to say the least.

Jim

Ferp

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2022, 08:10:26 pm »

Nothing new in this.  Adobe used to be the same before they went subscription.  I assume other paid RAW converters have similar policies.  New camera?  Buy an upgrade!

One option is to try Iridient S-transformer.  https://www.iridientdigital.com/products/stransformer.html    IIRC, C1 is able to read the DNG files it produces.  There's a free demo that would enable you to confirm this.  The DNG files it produces are an interesting beast.  They are demosiaced, but RAW converters still treat them as RAW and so things like highlight recovery and white balance correction still work.

jmg1949

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2022, 04:02:17 pm »

Thanks for the input.

Jim
Pages: [1]   Go Up