Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adding text printer issue  (Read 505 times)

Jonathan Cross

Adding text printer issue
« on: June 16, 2022, 06:25:47 am »

I wish to add some text underneath an image and then print it.

The image is in 3x1 panorama format processed in the latest LRC 11.4.  I go to Edit in Photoshop (23.3.2) and increase the canvas height keeping the image at the top.  I add the text, flatten the image and save to put the new version back in LRC.  I then print from LRC;  I am used to printing from LRC as I rarely use Photoshop.  On a Canon Pro-300, I print on A3+ (13' x 19") art paper with the media and profile set accordingly.  The no-text version prints perfectly.  The text version prints with the canvas extension as a dull yellow despite it showing in both LRC and Photoshop as the normal white background which is what I set in the canvas resize box.  The text also does not look like it does on screen, as though it is overlayed with the dull yellow.

What am I doing wrong?  Any help appreciated.

Best wishes,

Jonathan

Jonathan in UK

TheNinth

• The Ninth
Re: Adding text printer issue
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2022, 09:43:58 am »

Can you maybe post a photo of the print? That might help with the diagnosis.

What you could also try is use a transparent background instead of white and see what happens …
My website: www.the-ninth.com

Jonathan Cross

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2022, 10:54:30 am »

Have done some testing.  Printing from Photoshop on my non-photo A4 printer on plain paper is fine.  Printing on the  Pro-300 printer on plain paper with camera RGB profile is also fine.  Printing on Plain paper on the Pro-300 but set to Heavyweight Fine Art paper (recommended) and using the art paper profile gives the canvas extension in the dull yellow!   

I think I need to talk to the paper manufacturer.

Jonathan

Jonathan in UK

TheNinth

• The Ninth
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2022, 11:34:39 pm »

Printing on Plain paper on the Pro-300 but set to Heavyweight Fine Art paper (recommended) and using the art paper profile gives the canvas extension in the dull yellow!

Interesting - when soft proofing with that profile, do you also see any of that effect?
My website: www.the-ninth.com

Jonathan Cross

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2022, 06:21:31 am »

I have now spoken to the paper manufacturer (Fotospeed) and they suggested deleting the printer and driver from the iMac and reinstalling in case something had become corrupted.  I have done that and problem solved!

Best wishes,

Jonathan

Jonathan in UK
Pages: [1]   Go Up