Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Left  (Read 438 times)

Todd Suttles

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 681
  • Hi, amateur learning my way...
    • Todd Suttles
Left
« on: June 10, 2022, 08:55:11 am »

Does this generate any curiosity? Interest? Questions?

Thanks for your objective responses if you comment  -/t
Logged
One Day At A Time

degrub

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2553
Re: Left
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2022, 09:43:34 am »

as part of a series with the shirt on fence ?
Logged

Todd Suttles

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 681
  • Hi, amateur learning my way...
    • Todd Suttles
Re: Left
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2022, 11:51:37 am »

degrub,
Yes. I am considering including in a project of images about the experience of Summertime life in the contemporary Southeastern United States. These two from the perspective of kids -and I guess parents too.
Thank you for your C&C. Glad you paired them together. Exactly what I wanted to know. This is a "maybe" within a collection I am assembling and I need help seeing it without my projected meanings.  Thanks for your consideration and time. -/t
Logged
One Day At A Time

Eric Myrvaagnes

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 22813
  • http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
Re: Left
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2022, 05:30:26 pm »

This one doesn't move me as much as the other one you showed.
Logged
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

John R

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5248
Re: Left
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2022, 06:08:55 pm »

You kind of changed the way I look at the last few images because you say they are supposed to be about summertime. The idea is certainly there in the image. But the lighting does not help convey the feeling of summertime. You could try reducing the light on the background quite a bit, and the light on the shoes by about half as much. That may help increase the feeling of light in the summer.

JR
Logged

Todd Suttles

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 681
  • Hi, amateur learning my way...
    • Todd Suttles
Re: Left
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2022, 10:22:57 am »

You kind of changed the way I look at the last few images because you say they are supposed to be about summertime. The idea is certainly there in the image. But the lighting does not help convey the feeling of summertime. You could try reducing the light on the background quite a bit, and the light on the shoes by about half as much. That may help increase the feeling of light in the summer.

JR
I had not considered that. Thank you
Logged
One Day At A Time
Pages: [1]   Go Up