Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lens and camera organizer for auto trunk  (Read 374 times)

samogitian

Lens and camera organizer for auto trunk
« on: June 04, 2022, 10:45:26 pm »

I have a bunch of camera gear that, frankly, makes the most sense to **always** have in the car. I go on frequent trips to take landscapes and it's nice to have an array of cameras and lenses. I have a Tesla Model S so I have a nice big hatch in the back (and because of the shelf, nothing is visible) and I have a couple of decent camera bags there but I wonder if anyone has a larger, more dedicated solution. Compared to my life when I lived in LA, drove 350 miles one way for a weekend, then drove 350 miles back in a 1983 Saab to take photographs, this should be easy.

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
Re: Lens and camera organizer for auto trunk
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2022, 05:07:37 am »

I don't keep my camera gear in my car all of the time, but when on road trips I take more gear than can be carried in one backpack. 

My solution is to add a large Pelican style box (with wheels) and use it to carry extra lenses (mainly) and other accessories I want but don't carry all of the time.   I also have a briefcase pelican style case that holds my laptop, hard drives, cables and chargers (for laptop/tablet and camera batteries).  All of this goes in my hotel room at night though and I can do it on one trip with the backpack and wheeling the large pelican with the briefcase on top.

My tripod is stored in it's bag and stays in the car (usually 2, one small to carry and a large/tall one in case I need it).
Pages: [1]   Go Up