Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Roll Adhesive for Dry Mounting  (Read 415 times)

Garnick

Roll Adhesive for Dry Mounting
« on: May 06, 2022, 11:16:06 am »

If anyone here uses a Roller Dry Mounter I have something for you.  I have a FULL 24" ROLL of DRYTAC Adhesive that I have no need now.  If you're interested please reply here.  :) :)

Gary 
Gary N.
"My memory isn't what it used to be. As a matter of fact it never was." (gan)

mearussi

Re: Roll Adhesive for Dry Mounting
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2022, 12:37:35 am »

How much do you want for it?

Garnick

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2022, 10:52:27 am »

HELLO,

Thank you for you reply and interest.  Well, I've taken some time about a price for this but since I haven't yet come to a good price for you and me here's my decision.  Since I cannot seem to put $$$ on this roll that has never been opened I'm just going to give it to you at $0.00. It's better with you than with me since I no longer have a mounter.  Of course I don't know where you are but I live in Ajax, Ontario Canada.  So if you're within driving area we have a deal.

Gary
« Last Edit: May 07, 2022, 10:55:50 am by Garnick »
Gary N.
"My memory isn't what it used to be. As a matter of fact it never was." (gan)

Paul_Roark

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2022, 11:51:15 am »

I just started experimenting with my new DryTac mounting system.  There is a learning curve.  The first effort was a bust.  Number 2, however, appears to be gallery quality (with some border trimming needed due to a fingerprint).

I'm working with 24 x 34 inch (approx.) prints.

The instructions are minimal and not very useful.

So far, I'd say using the DryTac pressure roller to put the mounting adhesive on the acid-free foamcore first is the way to go.  Then the paper backing of the adhesive can be removed, leaving the adhesive on the foamcore. Using removable scotch tape to make an "open book" like arrangement of the print and (now) adhesive-foamcore combination on a flat, clean surface allowed me to accurately place the foamcore on the face-down print.  My old darkroom, roller designed for squeegeeing glossy silverprints on the "chrome" metal for drying seemed to work to adhere the (satin finish) inkjet "paper" onto the foamcore-adhesive substrate.  I did not like the idea of scaping the flat plastic pressure tool (that is included in the DryTac paper roll) across the face of the print.  I used scotch tape to cover the adhesive that was outside the edges of the print (with 1" white border).  Avoiding the adhesive getting onto surfaces that you don't want it on is clearly one of the things to keep an eye on.

Good luck.  At the moment, my opinion is that my old dry mount press is going to be history, but my experience with the DryTac system is very minimal at this point.

Paul
www.PaulRoark.com

mearussi

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2022, 07:05:00 pm »

HELLO,

Thank you for you reply and interest.  Well, I've taken some time about a price for this but since I haven't yet come to a good price for you and me here's my decision.  Since I cannot seem to put $$$ on this roll that has never been opened I'm just going to give it to you at $0.00. It's better with you than with me since I no longer have a mounter.  Of course I don't know where you are but I live in Ajax, Ontario Canada.  So if you're within driving area we have a deal.

Gary
I live in Oregon so that's a bit too far for me to drive. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up