Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Off line  (Read 1398 times)

mtakeda

Off line
« on: April 18, 2022, 01:19:47 am »

I am asking for expert help here because I know I will not get the help from the. I have poor records with them. Now my problem is I imported the raw images many times in the past with success but after I try to open the second time the screen says “off line” and I can not process at all. I do not know what to do. Please help.

Ray Harrison

Re: Off line
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2022, 11:12:15 am »

I am asking for expert help here because I know I will not get the help from the. I have poor records with them. Now my problem is I imported the raw images many times in the past with success but after I try to open the second time the screen says “off line” and I can not process at all. I do not know what to do. Please help.

It means that where Capture One thinks the images are isn’t where the images actually are. You should attempt to do a “Locate” on one image (to make sure it works). What “Locate” means is that you tell Capture One where it is on your hard drive. If it works and you need to locate multiple folders, follow some of the instructions here: https://learn.captureone.com/blog-posts/relocating-offline-files-catalogs/

Let me know if it helps. A fairly responsive place to get Capture One help is over on a Facebook forum called “Capture One Technical Forum” run by a gentleman named Walter Rowe. Also, if by “Capture One Support” you mean posting in the community (public) forums on their website, I doubt they monitor that too much, if at all. You’d have to “Submit a request” on support.captureone.com, upper right of the screen. Still slow, but it gets into their “official” process.

mtakeda

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2022, 06:59:55 pm »

Thank you so much. I keep the files in the external hard drive first then import them to cp so I know where the files are then I do not know what steps to take. Can you help? I certainly try the site you kindly introduce.

Ray Harrison

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2022, 08:20:28 pm »

Thank you so much. I keep the files in the external hard drive first then import them to cp so I know where the files are then I do not know what steps to take. Can you help? I certainly try the site you kindly introduce.

I would recommend first to right click on one offline image and choose "Locate..." from the list of options presented. It will present a file browser and you can then navigate to the location of the image on your external hard drive and select it. On a Mac it asks to "Open" it, assuming something similar on Windows. Do this and make sure that the image no longer shows "Offline" in your catalog. Let me know if this works on one image and we'll proceed further.

Cheers,
Ray

mtakeda

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2022, 06:59:37 pm »

Dera Ray,

Thanks to your kind guidance I start to understand what to do. Appreciated your patience very much.

meganth

• lawrina
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2022, 11:27:46 am »

Hi
Pages: [1]   Go Up