Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nikon Z 6 ii walkaround  (Read 3014 times)

David Eckels

• It's just a camera.
    • Website
Re: Nikon Z 6 ii walkaround
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2022, 04:53:15 pm »

Lastly, I wanted to see what the images would look like expanded to 100% each, but viewed at the same size. I then matched the crop and sizing for each image, recognizing there are more pixels in the 2x and 4x versions, but it seems to me this would be analogous to making a 20x30 print of each. The 1to1 versions were crops @100%, the 2x at 50%, and the 4x at 25%, which gave equally sized images on my monitor viewed in PS. The following are screen captures saved as jpegs at essentially the same size.
The dark vertical greenish bands in the sky will take more research to figure out their origins.
There must be caveats to my reasoning, but it would seem to me this may suggest I don't need to carry a super zoom. I would love to hear what others with more experience would have to say. I am sure much of this has been covered in other places, but I had to put it in my own words to see if I understood properly.

UPDATE: The vertical greenish bands appear to be an artifact during rendering by Topaz Gigapixel AI. Turning on "Reduce Color Bleed" seems to make it worse. If there's nothing to fix this, it would be a show stopper for me :o  >:( :(
« Last Edit: May 12, 2022, 05:37:25 pm by David Eckels »

armand

• Photos
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2022, 06:39:03 pm »

I recently got to use it again on a tulip farm, and my initial impression remains: not the sharpest but with nice rendering, good enough to accept the loss in sharpness.

Still have issues with reliably handholding the Z7 at less than 1/FL, but that's a problem I experience more than others. Also, as another side note, LR seems to like nef files more than the raf (Fuji X-T2), when I hit auto more often than not I get a decent starting point that many times doesn't require extra work, as opposed to the garish look that the Fuji files often get with auto.

David Eckels

• It's just a camera.
    • Website
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2022, 07:13:06 pm »

Thanks for the reply, Armand, 1/FL=1/400 sec for a 400 mm tele?

armand

• Photos
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2022, 07:17:24 pm »

Thanks for the reply, Armand, 1/FL=1/400 sec for a 400 mm tele?

Yes. When I'm rested I can mostly get away with 2/FL but add some hiking or be a little tired and it becomes more unpredictable. Again, I might be shakier than average.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up