Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Scratches on Canon Pro Luster with Image Pro 2000  (Read 441 times)

JudyKonopka

Scratches on Canon Pro Luster with Image Pro 2000
« on: March 22, 2022, 04:18:45 pm »

Hi everyone,

I've been printing on Canon Luster using my Image Pro 2000 for close to 5 years now. Suddenly, I am noticing a lot of scratches on my prints.  I believe what is happening is when they come off the printer, the paper curls, and what I'm seeing is the end of one side of the print scratches the other.  I don't understand why this is suddenly happening. Has anyone else been afflicted with this lately? I'm wondering if Canon has changed their inks or paper.  It happens with both rolls that are new and rolls that are almost gone. (The reason I'm mentioned this is the amount of curl is greater the farther down the roll).  Any other ideas?

Ryan Mack

• Ryan Mack on Facebook
Re: Scratches on Canon Pro Luster with Image Pro 2000
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2022, 12:57:09 pm »

Maybe just because the paper was closer to the center of the roll earlier in the production process than others you've gotten. Humidity could be a role too. Are you printing faster... maybe less time to uncurl paper as it goes through the printer? Did you change the catch tray angle? In any case, you may want to change the way the catch tray is aligned (it can look more like a downward ramp) or stick a table in front so the paper ejects forward onto the table.

deanwork

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2022, 03:25:18 pm »

When rolls sit for a long time, in studio or in the warehouse they develop the strong curl.
Sometimes when we get rolls they are already curled. It’s usually more of a problem with gloss fiber rolls but sometimes with rc as well.

Maybe just because the paper was closer to the center of the roll earlier in the production process than others you've gotten. Humidity could be a role too. Are you printing faster... maybe less time to uncurl paper as it goes through the printer? Did you change the catch tray angle? In any case, you may want to change the way the catch tray is aligned (it can look more like a downward ramp) or stick a table in front so the paper ejects forward onto the table.

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2022, 06:44:28 pm »

I would look at humidity as Ryan mentioned.  Do you monitor it?  Has it been particularly cold where you are?  Do you have a humidifier in your heating system that might have stopped working? 
Pages: [1]   Go Up