Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: News Missing in Dan Wells Articles  (Read 2528 times)

BradSmith

News Missing in Dan Wells Articles
« on: March 18, 2022, 06:50:59 pm »

You've managed to do it again.  First, a few weeks ago the Olympus OM-1 was introduced and a couple weeks later you published an article by Dan Wells looking forward to new products coming in 2022 with NO mention of the OM-1. 

Now, Apple introduces a new computer, the M1 Studio with two high end processors that will be highly pertinent to photographers and then 10 days later you post another article by Dan Wells looking at "peripheral" developments expected or needed in 2022 and once again, NO MENTION of the news.   

Sorry to be a critic, but this is really poor editing to allow this to happen..........twice in a few weeks.   Have you given up?

Brad Smith (a 15+ year subscriber)

leuallen

Re: News Missing in Dan Wells Articles
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2022, 09:30:56 pm »

I don't think Dan likes micro 4/3 (same old sensor), Apple I don't know.

Jonathan Cross

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2022, 01:55:44 pm »

Quote for the Dan Wells latest article, 'There may be a few disappointing machines like the 24” iMac...'

What is disappointing?  I have a 16GB, 1TB version and am very pleased.  OK I do not do lots of video editing, but a 6 image panorama processed with PtGui was quick - the resulting 16bit TIFF is 1GB.  LR processes the panorama quickly.  I do not believe so much RAM is needed with Apple's SOC as with the older Intel versions.  20 raw image focus stacks are processed by Helicon excellently and fast enough for me.  I have Sandisk 1000MB/s portable ssds and they are brilliant with the iMac.

I am not disappointed.

Jonathan

Jonathan in UK

BradSmith

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2022, 04:38:48 pm »

I don't think Dan likes micro 4/3 (same old sensor), Apple I don't know.
This is more Josh's issue than Dan's.  Dan could have signaled Josh that he would prepare a "last minute" update to include news since the time he had submitted an article but before its being published.  But more on point, Josh as editor, should have recognized breaking news that is highly pertinent and held the article till it had been updated, either by Dan or with a brief note from Josh as editor. 

josh.reichmann

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2022, 11:58:30 am »

This is more Josh's issue than Dan's.  Dan could have signaled Josh that he would prepare a "last minute" update to include news since the time he had submitted an article but before its being published.  But more on point, Josh as editor, should have recognized breaking news that is highly pertinent and held the article till it had been updated, either by Dan or with a brief note from Josh as editor.

Yes, these should have been added as addendums, it was indeed an article scheduling/editing/communication issue.

Josh
Compassion and wisdom are inextricably linked.
Pages: [1]   Go Up