Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mac Studio Monitor  (Read 911 times)

felix5616

Mac Studio Monitor
« on: March 12, 2022, 12:22:21 pm »

I have an NEC PA322UHD monitor.  I want to buy a MAC Studio and am wondering if there will be any connection issues

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
Re: Mac Studio Monitor
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2022, 12:41:50 pm »

Both have HDMI so should be OK.  Also Thunderbolt to Display Port cable is an option.  If I go this route that will be the way I'll go, one of each to a dual display (have to test it on my new Macbook Pro 1st and have just ordered the cable for the 2nd monitor.

felix5616

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2022, 01:09:03 pm »

Thanks

NortheastPhotographic

• Owner of Northeast Photographic lab in Maine
    • Northeast Photographic
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2022, 06:38:53 pm »

I'm kinda squinting at this Mac monitor.  From what I can tell it's the same panel that's in my 2015 iMac 5k except with greater brightness and the current option to go with nano-textured glass (can we call it matte?).  If you want the speakers and fancy video chat camera that's one thing but IMHO for photography there are better choices.  P3 color is probably great for video, I really wouldn't know, but don't we want Adobe 1998? 

It looks like that BenQ Photography monitor is a better choice for printers, or as an upgrade an Eizo of some kind.  The monitor is very expensive just to find out that you need to use up some more ink to get an accurate print. 
Shoot film.

hubell

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2022, 09:04:24 pm »

I have an NEC PA322UHD monitor.  I want to buy a MAC Studio and am wondering if there will be any connection issues

Major connection issues with the PA322UHD.
Pages: [1]   Go Up