Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP DesignJet Z9 44in - Unloading Failure and other interesting behaviour.  (Read 1053 times)

fastesthouse

Hello All, very long-time reader, first-time poster.

After 10 years on the  z3200's, I moved to the Z9.  Print quality is fine and speed is a bit quicker. However....

We are finding that any roll that isn't wound tight and connected to the card core fails to unload when prompted. The powered cog turns the spindle but because the paper is not attached it doesn't pull the paper backward. We are finding the grip roller does NOT drive backward to aid the paper removal....if anything they seem to resist.

The spindle spins for a while, then gives up and feeds the paper FORWARDS by about a meter and displays an error code. 0065-0002-0008

I would love to know from other Z9 owners if the grip roller should actively assist the unloading or whether pinch rollers above raise or remain closed during the unloading?

the other day the carriage randomly accelerated across the print width and crashed into the service station with a big bang...HP's solution was to change the paper cutter!!! and pretend I didn't tell them in detail what had happened.

Thanks for your time! Zoli

deanwork

There doesn’t seem to be a lot of Z9 users out there.

Hello All, very long-time reader, first-time poster.

After 10 years on the  z3200's, I moved to the Z9.  Print quality is fine and speed is a bit quicker. However....

We are finding that any roll that isn't wound tight and connected to the card core fails to unload when prompted. The powered cog turns the spindle but because the paper is not attached it doesn't pull the paper backward. We are finding the grip roller does NOT drive backward to aid the paper removal....if anything they seem to resist.

The spindle spins for a while, then gives up and feeds the paper FORWARDS by about a meter and displays an error code. 0065-0002-0008

I would love to know from other Z9 owners if the grip roller should actively assist the unloading or whether pinch rollers above raise or remain closed during the unloading?

the other day the carriage randomly accelerated across the print width and crashed into the service station with a big bang...HP's solution was to change the paper cutter!!! and pretend I didn't tell them in detail what had happened.

Thanks for your time! Zoli

neil snape

• http://www.neilsnape.com

Exactly the problem no individuals use this (almost).
Pinch rollers stay down on power off.
Non taped media is a pain, it will fool the printer in a bad way.
Usually it is towards the end of the roll though, and there you can carefully unroll and tape...

fastesthouse

Thanks for the replies. I am a little surprised by the lack of users. As much as I love my z3200, the Z9 platform isn't exactly new. I can't exactly give it a ringing endorsement but z3200 won't live forever.

I wish they handed changed the paper handling on the Z9... and who exactly asked for the Roll Cover to be added?! If your paper is gathering dust you do not print often enough for this kind of equipment? :-)

Pages: [1]   Go Up