Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Locking lens focus at infinity  (Read 498 times)

pentaxitin

Locking lens focus at infinity
« on: February 27, 2022, 10:58:29 am »

Hello all,

Is there any way that  I can focus a "focus by wire" Sony or Sigma or Tamron  lens (having focus hold button) at infinity once and make sure that nothing moves the focus after that - neither the shutter release button, nor the AF back button nor the manual focus ring on the lens nor any combination of any actions even accidentally? Simply lock the focus at infinity for the whole of the photography session? If yes, how does one go about it?

Joe Towner

Re: Locking lens focus at infinity
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2022, 11:32:59 am »

I think you're talking about the hyperfocal setting on the Phase One XF setup.  I don't think any other brands have done it - it's a feature of the camera, not the lens.  It doesn't lock the lens there - it's still movable with the focus ring.

So to answer, it's not possible.
t: @PNWMF

pentaxitin

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2022, 09:15:12 pm »

I am looking at locking infinity focus on the Sigma 35mm f1.2 on Sony A7 iii while doing aerial photography from a height of 500 ft in the night. It's difficult for the lens to focus in AF mode in the night and going the MF way is tough too for each shot. Hence I wish to lock this focus by wire lens at infinity and then ensure that the focus isn't distributed for the whole duration of the photo shoot.

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2022, 03:12:44 am »

MF and some tape always worked fine....
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la
Pages: [1]   Go Up