Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP Z3200ps ink problem  (Read 352 times)

Larry451

HP Z3200ps ink problem
« on: February 15, 2022, 03:36:38 pm »

Greetings
I have a HP 44" Z3200ps photo; in which I installed a new yellow ink cart;  shaking and shaking it, unplugging the printer removing the ink carts then restarting, all of this many times and still no yellow coming through. even cleaned the heads which changed nothing.
the Z3200 is out of warranty. I've tried a lot of what Mark has described on his site (thanks Mark)
I'm wondering could it be a faulty ink cart?
out of ideas
Larry.

deanwork

Re: HP Z3200ps ink problem
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2022, 03:53:50 pm »

Is the head out of warranty? If it is replace it. If it’s not go on the HP website, go to chat and tell them to overnight you a new yellow ink cart . I have rarely had a bad head in about 13 years of using these, but when I did once they sent me another one overnight. It’s going to either be the head or the ink. If there is noting coming out it’s almost always the head.

John

Greetings
I have a HP 44" Z3200ps photo; in which I installed a new yellow ink cart;  shaking and shaking it, unplugging the printer removing the ink carts then restarting, all of this many times and still no yellow coming through. even cleaned the heads which changed nothing.
the Z3200 is out of warranty. I've tried a lot of what Mark has described on his site (thanks Mark)
I'm wondering could it be a faulty ink cart?
out of ideas
Larry.

Larry451

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2022, 11:46:15 am »

Hi John
Yes the print head was out of warranty (2020 05 07) way out of warranty. I guess they are well built.
replaced it and Yellow is back on track.
--- Thank You .
best regards
Larry.

deanwork

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2022, 12:27:50 pm »

Great, they can be out of warranty but you can’t let them sit there forever without use . This printer has to be plugged in at all times to monitor the nozzles. The ink won’t dry in the lines but it can in the heads.

Hi John
Yes the print head was out of warranty (2020 05 07) way out of warranty. I guess they are well built.
replaced it and Yellow is back on track.
--- Thank You .
best regards
Larry.

Larry451

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2022, 11:01:35 am »

Hi John
My printer is never turned off, unless the power goes which it does occasionally.  I live in rural Ontario, Canada, and heat with wood so one of my concerns is the dry heat of winter.  A couple of pails of water under the printer seem to help, and I have a roll of HP bright white inkjet paper which I use daily to nozzle check.  I probably print images about every second day so it is getting use.
This is a great printer especially with the ability to make your own profiles, slow yes but I'm printing personal work so speed is not necessary.
again thank for your help
Larry.

deanwork

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2022, 11:40:40 am »

In case you don’t know, you never want them plugged in during lightening storms. One zap and your main board is gone and surge protectors can often not stop a big strike unless it is a total home system protection. I unplug everything though when I go out of town.

What I do with my printers is keep them covered with a heavy muslin cloth sold as house painters  cloth at Home Depot.

What I do with my Epsons is also put a plastic cup full of water under there to keep things from drying out. That really works because the water is right beside the print head. I also put a sign on paper taped over the front carriage that says - remove cup before printing :- ) .

Hi John
My printer is never turned off, unless the power goes which it does occasionally.  I live in rural Ontario, Canada, and heat with wood so one of my concerns is the dry heat of winter.  A couple of pails of water under the printer seem to help, and I have a roll of HP bright white inkjet paper which I use daily to nozzle check.  I probably print images about every second day so it is getting use.
This is a great printer especially with the ability to make your own profiles, slow yes but I'm printing personal work so speed is not necessary.
again thank for your help
Larry.
Pages: [1]   Go Up