Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone doing business with Getty Images?  (Read 1096 times)

Michael West

Anyone doing business with Getty Images?
« on: February 10, 2022, 04:52:40 pm »

I noticed that there are "apps" for uploading images to Getty to apply to be a "contributor" for the iphone..the android phone and the ipad. but saw nothing which would allow me to contact them and upload samples via of my MAC computer.

Getty contacted me through flickr several years ago offering to license a dozen of my images. but having let the time limit for that process slide past  had given up on the idea of making a profit through  their licensing

The only APPS ive ever used are applications for the mac computer so it looks like Im out of luck following the new pathway to fame and glory.

Does anyone here do any business with Getty?

Thank you

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
Re: Anyone doing business with Getty Images?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2022, 10:42:56 am »

I noticed that there are "apps" for uploading images to Getty to apply to be a "contributor" for the iphone..the android phone and the ipad. but saw nothing which would allow me to contact them and upload samples via of my MAC computer.

Getty contacted me through flickr several years ago offering to license a dozen of my images. but having let the time limit for that process slide past  had given up on the idea of making a profit through  their licensing

The only APPS ive ever used are applications for the mac computer so it looks like Im out of luck following the new pathway to fame and glory.

Does anyone here do any business with Getty?

Thank you

I have been a contributor for a few years and have over 400 images in their library. Royalties so far? $45. Biggest waste of time ever.

One must realize that they have jillions of images available, so the competition is fierce. And also that they charge asininely low fees and therefore your percentage is even smaller.

But good luck if you decide to give it a try!

Michael West

Re: Anyone doing business with Getty Images?
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2022, 02:06:35 pm »

I have been a contributor for a few years and have over 400 images in their library. Royalties so far? $45. Biggest waste of time ever.

One must realize that they have jillions of images available, so the competition is fierce. And also that they charge asininely low fees and therefore your percentage is even smaller.

But good luck if you decide to give it a try!

I made a photograph of an old Chinese drawing for a couple who are friends... to show the piece to a possible  buyer..via email.. and made more than twice that 45 bucks.

Pages: [1]   Go Up