Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nik Silver Efex Pro edits not imported to Photoshop  (Read 1079 times)

Bob_B

• It's all about light
    • Robert Belas Photography
Nik Silver Efex Pro edits not imported to Photoshop
« on: February 10, 2022, 12:37:18 pm »

I'm using the latest updates to both the Nik collection of filters and Photoshop. With the latest update to PS, I have had 3 or 4 instances when working in Photoshop to launch and use Silver Efex, that the Silver Efex changes do not carry back to PS. In fact, nothing changes in PS; it's as though I had never opened Silver Efex. Lately, my workaround has been to save each and every Silver Efex editing session as a preset. This way, when my Silver Efex edits are not saved, I go back and try again. Sometimes it works, other times it doesn't. Opening the same file from Lightroom and editing directly to Silver Efex doesn't seem to have this problem.

Two questions: (1) Has this happened (recently) to anyone else using PS and the Nik collection? (2) Is there a solution to prevent it?

Thanks for your input,
    Bob

Robert Belas Photography
www.belasphoto.com

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Rajan Parrikar

• Rajan Parrikar
Re: Nik Silver Efex Pro edits not imported to Photoshop
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2022, 06:38:16 am »

Bob,

I have no such problem.

I presume you are doing it right but just to be sure: are you using it from File->Automate menu in Photoshop? Which is the way to do it now. The Nik Collection also appears in the Filter menu and that may or may not work.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2022, 06:41:52 am by Rajan Parrikar »

Bob_B

• It's all about light
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2022, 06:53:09 am »

Thanks for the help. Rajan: Yes, that's what I do. The problem manifested after I applied the latest Nik update, about a week ago. I don't like it, but I will live with it, as I have a fix that I know keeps me in business.
Robert Belas Photography
www.belasphoto.com

pflower

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2022, 06:23:35 am »

In my experience going to one of the Nik Collection modules from the Filters menu in Photoshop is a lottery.  Sometimes it works, other times it simply doesn't.  Annoyingly it always fails after extensive editing in Nik.

Going to the modules from the popup box seems to work exactly as expected.  Unfortunately the Nik Selection Tool doesn't appear to be "sticky" and needs to be called up each time you start PS from scratch.

Bob_B

• It's all about light
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2022, 06:34:54 am »

In my experience going to one of the Nik Collection modules from the Filters menu in Photoshop is a lottery.  Sometimes it works, other times it simply doesn't.  Annoyingly it always fails after extensive editing in Nik.

Going to the modules from the popup box seems to work exactly as expected.  Unfortunately the Nik Selection Tool doesn't appear to be "sticky" and needs to be called up each time you start PS from scratch.

Thanks, and I completely agree with your assessment: stick with opening a Nik filter through the popup box.
Robert Belas Photography
www.belasphoto.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up