Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FS: Alpa Schneider 60mm XL lens with new shutter  (Read 443 times)

epines

• ethan pines photography
FS: Alpa Schneider 60mm XL lens with new shutter
« on: February 08, 2022, 03:47:59 pm »

For sale is my Alpa Apo-Helvetar 60mm f/5.6 XL lens, very rare and hard to find, in fantastic condition with a brand-new shutter installed and calibrated at Schneider last year. Barely used since.

A brief history of the lens: I bought it lightly used from Teamwork Photo in the UK a few years back. And after comparing it to a friend’s at one point, I realized that it wasn’t quite as sharp when shifted as it could be. I sent it to Greiner Photo in Germany last year, which is the shop that handles Schneider’s lens work now. They determined that it needed a new shutter, and not just any Copal shutter that I might want to send them — they recommended using one of the “perfect” new Copal shutters they’ve held on to since the shutters were discontinued, and I agreed to do it. They mounted the new shutter, adjusted it for the Alpa focus mount, then sent it to Schneider for calibration. The entire service totaled around $2200 USD.

When it was finished, Christoph Greiner’s assistant emailed me to say, “Mr. Greiner has tested and controlled the lens after the adjusting and he said now it is perfect and a great, fantastic lens.” Alas, I need to sell some gear.

It’s in the standard long-barrel Alpa mount. I’ve barely used it in the past year, so you’re basically getting a gorgeous Alpa 60mm with a brand-new shutter. Price is $5250 + PayPal 3% + shipping. You can DM me here or email ethan@ethanpines.com.

I’m in the US. If you’re not in the US or Canada, I ask that you please figure out the best shipping option for yourself. It is a huge undertaking to look at all the possible shipping companies and figure out the best option for a given country.

epines

Re: FS: Alpa Schneider 60mm XL lens with new shutter
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2022, 03:48:26 pm »

One more photo.

epines

Re: FS: Alpa Schneider 60mm XL lens with new shutter
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2022, 10:26:50 pm »

Sold.
Pages: [1]   Go Up