Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Architectural photography - licencing for a developer  (Read 1663 times)

joeclarkx

Architectural photography - licencing for a developer
« on: February 08, 2022, 04:23:11 am »

Looking for feedback on an estimate I am putting together for a developer.

I have a shoot fee and a per-image post-production fee and I normally include company social media and website etc as bundled licencing options.

What I am unsure about is the developer's request for "property listing websites".

Should I charge an additional fee for this? Should I distinguish between a 'normal' listing and display advertising or advertorial type content? What kind of percentage would you recommend?

Thanks in advance!
Joe

David Eichler

• San Francisco Architectural and Interior Photographer
Re: Architectural photography - licencing for a developer
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2022, 04:53:27 pm »

Looking for feedback on an estimate I am putting together for a developer.

I have a shoot fee and a per-image post-production fee and I normally include company social media and website etc as bundled licencing options.

What I am unsure about is the developer's request for "property listing websites".

Should I charge an additional fee for this? Should I distinguish between a 'normal' listing and display advertising or advertorial type content? What kind of percentage would you recommend?

Thanks in advance!
Joe
If the usage here is for marketing a property or properties for sale or lease, rather than to market a developer's services as a builder (or in addition to doing that), then the usage here falls under real estate marketing. Usually, this sort of usage entails all media, worldwide, for a specified period of time. You should also specify whether the usage applies to a single property or to multiple properties and ascertain whether the client also wants to use the photos to promote their business. If this is a local builder selling individual spec homes, it really isn't different from dealing with a real estate agent. If this is a large developer, then it is somewhat different, especially if they want to use the photos to market multiple properties and also to promote their business.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2022, 09:36:28 am »

I notice that the pictures on Zillow for the house I bought 8 years ago are still there.  They were taken by the homeowner I bought the house from.  Do these pictures ever go away?  Does Zillow own these?  I believe the pictures are on other real estate websites.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2022, 03:19:46 pm »

I notice that the pictures on Zillow for the house I bought 8 years ago are still there.  They were taken by the homeowner I bought the house from.  Do these pictures ever go away?  Does Zillow own these?  I believe the pictures are on other real estate websites.
That house is on Google and Apple maps too.
Of course, you should worry.  ;)
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2022, 03:22:12 pm »

I'd suggest yes to the first question but in terms of the 2nd, you might want to consider asking your local (closest) ASMP rep; a reason why such organizations are critical to photographers.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".
Pages: [1]   Go Up