Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: InkJet Ink on Gerber Carpet !¡!  (Read 458 times)

Garnick

InkJet Ink on Gerber Carpet !¡!
« on: February 06, 2022, 09:38:51 am »

Hello again folks,

Yes indeed, this is a topic that perhaps has not brought up for some time, if ever.  I recently had an overhaul on my P7000. When the Caping assembly etc. was taken out there was still some ink in one of the hoses and landed on the Gerber Carpet.  So far I've be using SWISH Proxi that usually takes care of any sort of spills on any carpet, but it's dot doing very well with the ink.  I will continue with the Proxi, since it has worked on some of the smaller spots.  However, I would like to know if anyone has had this sort of situation and any type of way to get the ink out of a carpet.

Thank you all for any replies  :) ;D

Gary N.
"My memory isn't what it used to be. As a matter of fact it never was." (gan)

Simon J.A. Simpson

Re: InkJet Ink on Gerber Carpet !¡!
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2022, 03:53:51 pm »

Isopropyl Alcohol and a lot of dabbing with a soft absorbent cloth.

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2022, 04:48:38 pm »

Try soda water and a wetvac

Peter McLennan

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2022, 11:34:00 pm »

Many of those inks are aqueous. 
If so, water.  Lots and lots of water.
I love the idea of a wet vac.

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2022, 06:59:40 am »

And if you do use a wetvac then remove the hose carefully once done and take it outside or put it in a bath or shower and wash it through thoroughly.  You don't want to drip dilute ink back over the carpet while waving the hose around as you move the wetvac.  Speaking from sad experience ...

datro

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2022, 08:41:52 pm »

If the amount of ink that spilled is more than just a few splatters (e.g. in the case of an overflowing maintenance tank), you should consider unhooking the carpet from the carpet tack strips at the nearest wall and rolling or folding it back to get to underneath the carpet and padding. I found that even after I cleaned up the carpet surface, over time the spot came back, and it was due to capillary action from still wet ink on the padding and subfloor surface.  Cut out the small section of padding that got wet, cleanup up the subfloor (isopropyl alcohol worked best for me) and make sure it is not wet, then patch it with a new piece of scrap padding of the same thickness.  Then just fold your carpet back in place and stretch onto the carpet tack strips at the baseboard.  A Carpet Tucker tool can help with the last part, but it's possible to do it without one.

It's best to do the above steps before doing any final cleaning on the carpet surface.  For carpet spot removal, I find Folex to be one of the best:  Folex.
Pages: [1]   Go Up