Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Winter Reflections - 2  (Read 392 times)

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• I've even written a book about it
    • SkyePhotoGuide.com
Winter Reflections - 2
« on: February 04, 2022, 05:58:02 am »

We pulled up at this spot for a cup of tea and a choccy bicky or two, as we sat and watched for otters, which can often be seen playing near to the rocks in the foreground. The weather when we arrived was gloomy and dull, but then I could see a reasonably good sized hole in the cloud through the driver's door window and how it was slowly making its way towards us from the right. So I said to the missus, you carry on making a cup of tea, because I am going to get out and setup my tripod and camera just in case. Then sure enough, the light started to move across the scene in front of us and eventually lit up this little white house on the opposite shoreline. So there I was, a fresh cup of tea in my right hand, the remote in my left and a half eaten chocolate biscuit hanging out of my mouth, as I began to fire away and watch as the light slowly crawled its way across the scene in front of me.

Very nice, very enjoyable and quite a painterly result I think..

I know you don't need to know the story behind shots like this, but I enjoy telling you, so you will just have to put up with it OK.. ;D

Dave
« Last Edit: February 04, 2022, 06:09:47 am by Dave (Isle of Skye) »

Bob_B

• It's all about light
    • Robert Belas Photography
Re: Winter Reflections - 2
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2022, 06:55:16 am »

Another beauty and I love the backstory.
Robert Belas Photography
www.belasphoto.com

francois

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2022, 07:22:52 am »

Very calm image and the snow on the peak is really nice to see. FWIW, I like reading stories and while your photos can stand on their own, adding a bit of context make them even better and more enjoyable.
Francois

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2022, 12:19:57 pm »

Very calm image and the snow on the peak is really nice to see. FWIW, I like reading stories and while your photos can stand on their own, adding a bit of context make them even better and more enjoyable.
I agree totally.
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Rajan Parrikar

• Rajan Parrikar
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2022, 02:22:17 pm »

Nothing comes in the way of a man and his cup of tea.

Lovely image.

MattBurt

• Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2022, 06:04:46 pm »

Nice spot for a cuppa! Lovely photo too.
-MattB

David Eckels

• It's just a camera.
    • Website
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2022, 06:59:46 pm »

Both lovely.

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• I've even written a book about it
    • SkyePhotoGuide.com
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2022, 06:08:58 am »

Well thank you all very much ;)

Yes I am now of an age (and experience I suppose), that my days of running around like a headless chicken, hunting for shots and scenes and information to add into my book, came to rather an abrupt end soon after I published it - and which by the way, is now being hailed as the “Photographers Holy Bible for the Isle of Skye” by one of my recent customers on Amazon, which is a really, really nice thing for him to have said.  ;D

So now, having photographed everything I ever wanted to, within a hundred mile radius or so of where we live and in a way that I wanted to and at a time of the day that I wanted to, there is no longer a need for there to be any urgency to what I am doing and so we have dropped into a very laid back, tea drinking and chocolate biscuit eating sort of mode. Where if something presents itself to me when I happen to be there, then all well and good and so I photograph it in the best way that I can. But if I never even get the camera out of the bag, then that is OK too and we can just enjoy the scenery and relax, or perhaps have a little snooze - I know, what a life we now lead in our retirement, as I am sure you will too one day. And you know what, my hit rate seems to be the same, or might even have actually gone up a bit, even though I am taking a lot less photographs these days. Which I put down to no longer trying to force it and instead being very relaxed about what I am capturing, as well as being very selective.

But anyway, thanks again guys.

Dave

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2022, 10:42:48 am »

Nice one.

RMW

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2022, 12:10:11 pm »

Give that man another cup of tea !
Pages: [1]   Go Up