Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon-specific forum for pro printers?  (Read 758 times)

purtypitcher

Canon-specific forum for pro printers?
« on: January 31, 2022, 04:21:05 pm »

Having a Canon iPF4100 delivered tomorrow, to replace my dead 8300. Wondering if there are any Canon-specific printer forums out there for the large printers. Epson has some great groups, is there anything similar for Canon? Thanks

dpirazzi

Re: Canon-specific forum for pro printers?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2022, 11:28:46 pm »

I also replaced my 8300 with a 4100, about a year ago. Have not found any good large format forums dedicated to the Canons. Here is a link to a good review of the 4000, most of which applies to the 4100:

https://www.on-sight.com/canon-ipf-pro-4000-review/

Enjoy your new printer.

Dave

purtypitcher

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2022, 09:35:00 am »

Thanks Dave, I had not seen that review. I had not read anything about the gloss optimizer issues that Scott went into at length. Are you noticing that as well on your 4100? I wonder if they improved that issue from the 4000 that Scott was reviewing.

Don

dpirazzi

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2022, 02:13:03 am »

I don't know it they made any changes going to the 4100, but I have not noticed any issues with GO.

mfrohman

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2022, 05:41:04 pm »

I purchased a 4100 a few months ago and it's been fantastic. I also have 2 aging HP z3200s that are both currently awaiting repairs. The Canon's been amazing and solved several issues I had with the HP but I do wonder down the road if I'll be able to do any of my own repairs like I have with the HPs. A Canon forum would be useful but I havent found one either.
2 x HP Z3200, Canon 4100, Epson p-800

mearussi

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2022, 05:48:45 pm »

I purchased a 4100 a few months ago and it's been fantastic. I also have 2 aging HP z3200s that are both currently awaiting repairs. The Canon's been amazing and solved several issues I had with the HP but I do wonder down the road if I'll be able to do any of my own repairs like I have with the HPs. A Canon forum would be useful but I havent found one either.
On Facebook: Canon imagePROGRAF Printmakers - USA

purtypitcher

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2022, 08:00:48 pm »

Thanks mearussi, I just joined. This pro 4100 will be my third Caron 44” printer- had Epson before that. There used to be great generic wide-format forum so hopefully the Facebook group will fill some gaps. For example I can’t find anywhere how to reset the maintenance tank in Service Mode like I could do on my 8300.
Pages: [1]   Go Up