Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Which video camera for NEC monitor for Zoom?  (Read 585 times)

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
Which video camera for NEC monitor for Zoom?
« on: January 26, 2022, 09:19:31 am »

I need a camera to be mounted on my NEC PA242W connected to my Dell XPS desktop.   It's a thick (deep) monitor on top so I'm not sure which camera I can mount that would fit.  The NEC has a USB jack but do cameras also come without cable connections?

Should the camera also have a microphone or should I get a separate one?  I currently have speakers connected to the computer.  I have a separate Bluetooth headphone as well that I use for privacy. No microphone on it.

Thanks.  Alan.

MichaelKoerner

• www.medien-atelier.at
Re: Which video camera for NEC monitor for Zoom?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2022, 06:35:55 pm »

I am very happy with my Nexigo N960E Webcam. Comes with a foldable "foot" that fits both on thick and slim monitors. It comes with a small ringlight that brings just enough light to avoid ugly shadows in my face.

Regarding headset I'd recommend using a small bluetooth mike/earplug combi. I use Teufel Airy Sports - not the cheapest, but very comfortable, reliable, with long lasting battery and - very important to me - great sound.

Joe Towner

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2022, 01:28:10 pm »

What are you looking to use the webcam for?  Just to show up as part of a meeting, or are you getting interviewed and want a better look?

Michael has good bits - the availability of webcams now is much better than it was back in 2020.  Depending on what type of camera you have, you might even be able to use that for some one-off use.

Lights matter, the mic or headset to be used matters to how you want to look on screen.  I love Logitech webcams, but it's about what you want shown.
t: @PNWMF

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2022, 02:18:03 pm »

Thanks for the info.  I'm using it for Zoom privately.  No business.  But I want it to look decent even if it costs a little more.  Should I get 2K so I can zoom in?  4K. (What does Zoom allow?     What I've seen is many wide-angle lenses distort faces.  Should I get a zoom lens? Should I get a built-in mic and speakers?  I have attached speakers currently and a separate Bluetooth headset (for privacy).  So I need a video that gives me the flexibility to select speakers.  The other issue is the NEC monitor is very deep on top (It's a NEC Multisync PA242W) so there might be attachment problems. Tks.

Joe Towner

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2022, 01:25:09 pm »

There's not much attachment anymore - most will hang or balance on any monitor.  Take a look at the Logitech C920, C925, C922, and Logitech Streamcam - these have a narrower field of view than others.

Most platforms only do HD/2K.
t: @PNWMF
Pages: [1]   Go Up