Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dan Wells Articles  (Read 2203 times)

PaulAmbrose

Dan Wells Articles
« on: January 07, 2022, 04:23:50 pm »

As much as I enjoy reading Dan Wells articles, I find the use of dark gray? print on a black background leaves the image captions to be almost unreadable, even with glasses.  Surely we can do better.

BradSmith

Re: Dan Wells Articles
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2022, 06:36:37 pm »

Paul,
I brought this up in a post 6 months ago and Josh R agreed that it needed to be fixed.   Nothing has changed.

melgross

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2022, 01:50:09 pm »

His latest article is already outdated. I don’t know why, since it just came out.

Pentax already announced their new camera, and of course, OM Digital has seen their new one reviewed already. We know what the sensor is. I don’t understand why he didn’t rewrite that part of the article, or at least, at the bottom, or somewhere, post an addendum with the new information. If the article came out a few days later, that would have been fine. There’s no real schedule with internet publishing.

Not that I’m going to get either, but it’s surprising and disappointing.

And I read yesterday that the Pentax is already in reviewer’s hands.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2022, 10:11:26 am by melgross »

josh.reichmann

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2022, 09:33:46 am »

His latest article is already outdated. I don’t know why, since it just came out.

Pentax already announced their new camera, and of course, OM Digital has seen their new one reviewed already. We know what the sensor is. I don’t understand why he didn’t rewrite that part of the article, or at least, at the bottom, or somewhere, post an addendum with the new information. If the article came out a few days later, that would have been fine. There’s no real schedule with internet publishing.

Not that I’m going to get either, but it’s surprising and disappointing.

And I read yesterday that the Pentax is already in reviewer’s hands.

It's me, the publisher who is at fault, as the article was sat-on for too long (by at least two weeks), Dan and I didn't communicate around adding the addendum and I went ahead and published, without thought of the news. Will consider timing sensitivity.
Josh
Compassion and wisdom are inextricably linked.
Pages: [1]   Go Up