Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: QImage vs Canon Studio Pro  (Read 914 times)

David Eckels

• It's just a camera.
    • Website
QImage vs Canon Studio Pro
« on: December 30, 2021, 02:46:20 pm »

Has anyone compared the quality and ease of use of these two programs? Caparison prints are indistinguishable to my eye. I do like the Print Unclog feature of QImage, which has worked out well for my two Canon printers. Studio Pro, however, seems to be a little more straightforward for printing on various media. Any thoughts and/or recommendations greatly appreciated.

deanwork

Re: QImage vs Canon Studio Pro
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2021, 08:22:10 pm »

The pixel resampling, image enlargement of Q-Image is excellent, as is the sharpening capability.

Has anyone compared the quality and ease of use of these two programs? Caparison prints are indistinguishable to my eye. I do like the Print Unclog feature of QImage, which has worked out well for my two Canon printers. Studio Pro, however, seems to be a little more straightforward for printing on various media. Any thoughts and/or recommendations greatly appreciated.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2021, 10:22:49 pm »

The pixel resampling, image enlargement of Q-Image is excellent, as is the sharpening capability.
That has been my experience too, albeit, comparing the Epson driver, not anything from Canon.
David, download a demo, do your own testing. At least with the Mac version Qimage One, I was able to do this, saw a visible difference and bought the product. YMMV.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Abdo

• Abdo Abdala - Photography
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2022, 06:43:15 pm »

I've been supporting Qimage for MAC since launch and have done all updates, although I haven't used it for a long time, but I've always wanted to contribute and follow Andrew's work.
And just about 3 months ago I decided to use Qimage for MAC with my printing software and I don't regret it.
I still use LR for a catalog and some functions that are still useful, but to finish I use Qimage.
Andrew always answers all questions and always gives a solution to a problem found.
I recommend.

David Eckels

• It's just a camera.
    • Website
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2022, 07:52:31 am »

Andrew, I did print the same image with each. I couldn't see a difference as I noted in the OP. I have the Ultimate version of QI on a Win10 machine. I used the same ICC profiles on Canon Pro Luster. I will try one of the test images you sent and see if there's a difference.

jrsforums

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2022, 08:46:44 am »

Suggest you try printing at different sizes (smaller/larger). 
John

David Eckels

• It's just a camera.
    • Website
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2022, 11:03:43 am »

No difference in the 8x10 test images either. The CSP is:
Print Studio Pro Version 2.2.3 for Microsoft Windows
Copyright CANON INC. 2012-2018

Abdo

• Abdo Abdala - Photography
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2022, 11:10:28 am »

I don't believe there is a difference in print quality, after all the driver used is the same.

Unless you change sharp controls...

But you can't compare the features and facilities included in the Q1 with the poor software from Canon (Print Studio) I think Print Studio is very weak.

At least when it comes to prints for Fine Art studios, the Q1 is perfect.

jrsforums

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2022, 12:02:31 pm »

I don't believe there is a difference in print quality, after all the driver used is the same.

Unless you change sharp controls...

But you can't compare the features and facilities included in the Q1 with the poor software from Canon (Print Studio) I think Print Studio is very weak.

At least when it comes to prints for Fine Art studios, the Q1 is perfect.

The main difference is, first, the automatic resizing to meet the ppi the driver is requesting, the high quality interpolation, and the automatic print sharpening to optimize the sharpening for the larger/smaller image.
John

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2022, 12:15:27 pm »

The main difference is, first, the automatic resizing to meet the ppi the driver is requesting, the high quality interpolation, and the automatic print sharpening to optimize the sharpening for the larger/smaller image.
Exactly. And again, this does result in a visible difference.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".
Pages: [1]   Go Up